1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Limbaugh is absolutely absurd

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 16, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Have I said that anyone is not entitled to an opinion? :confused:

2) Thank you. [​IMG]

3) Typical liberal response when he knows he's losing a debate. [​IMG]

4) Racism exists among all races in America - unfortunately. [​IMG]

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Nope. Did I accuse you of anything?

Glad you take pride in that.

<crickets chirping>

So, the solution is to completely ignore the NAACP? I guess that is what Rush thinks.....

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should the GOP kowtow to the NAALCP with only about 10% of blacks vote for GOP candidates even though Republicans can claim a distinction from the Democrats - they actually place blacks in high positions in government, such as Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, etc.

4. Libero

Libero New Member

Rush is not perfect and he is certainly not a believer - he does not claim Christianity in any way, however:
    1) He respects Christians and the Bible
    2) He is a Creationist
    3) He He is ardently pro-life
    4) He espouses capitalism
    5) He is an ardent defender of freedom of religion

The NAACP does none of these things. I am thankful for the viewpoint that Rush gives. It is also important to realize that conservatives (including Rush) have tried to remove racism from its ranks, in fact, the case could be made that they have done more for the advancement of minorities than progressives have done.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Afro- Americans? I havent heard that one since the 70's. Are you living in a time warp? :D
    It is now "people of color", "African- American" or just "blacks".

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

If Condi Rice ran against Hillary Clinton in 2008, who do you think the NAALCP will support?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wouldn't be the black woman. She's not a liberal.

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

http://mediamatters.org/static/audio/limbaugh-200507140004.mp3

Dallas Morning News
    HIT: Race and politics
    Credit GOP chairman Ken Mehlman for frank self-examination. In a speech to the NAACP this week, he chided Republicans for giving up "on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization." "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong," he said. "It's not in the interest of African-Americans for 90 percent to vote for the Democrat every election. And it's not healthy for the country for our political parties to be so racially polarized." Amen.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-07-14-GOP-racial-politics_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong"

To disagree with Melhmans is to embrace the politics of division of the past...is what
    some are still doing ..they are dinosaurs.

Limbaugh has embraced the past with his comments
    because he lost his job over a stupid statement
    on an NFL show , it appears that he still has
    sour grapes and still embraces the "southern strategy" like I said and I would say to his
    face "Absolutely Absurd Rush"

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rush is entitled to an opinion just as you are, ASLANSPAL.

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me get this correct, A-Pal. Are you saying that more Blacks should vote Republican? Welcome in--I have been saying that for 50 years.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

I think Mexicans and Arabs should vote Republican...or Democrat as well. Whatever party one believes in...shouldn't be about races.

12. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

I actually agree with rush on his NFL comment. At least I can keep my job.

13. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

mouse pal are you saying you agree with Mehlman
    or are you agreeing with rush Oxycontin..btw he
    could have been under the influence which he
    might not be accountable for his stupid words.

I think Donovan Mcnabb has proven time after
    time what rush said was stupid and he deserved
    to get canned.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

That anyone in their right mind who has watched this player over the past three years could describe McNabb's play as poor is hardly the issue. Limbaugh laying his bigotry and ignorance out in full view was the story here, and what a disappointing story it is.

14. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/18/opinion/18herbert.html?hp

Bob Herbert does give it some more perspective
    saying what Melhman was really trying to do
    was reach out to moderates who remember the
    past and the civil rights movement.

One of President Bush's surrogates went before the N.A.A.C.P. last week and apologized for the Republican Party's reprehensible, decades-long Southern strategy.

The surrogate, Ken Mehlman, is chairman of the Republican National Committee. Perhaps he meant well. But his words were worse than meaningless. They were insulting. The G.O.P.'s Southern strategy, racist at its core, still lives.

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," said Mr. Mehlman. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

snippet
    In April, with the election safely out of the way, the indictments were dropped and Mr. Dyer was reinstated as mayor.

At its heart, the Southern strategy remains the same, a cynical and remarkably successful divide-and-conquer strategy that nurtures the bigotry of whites and is utterly contemptuous of blacks.

My guess is that Mr. Mehlman's apology was less about starting a stampede of blacks into the G.O.P. than about softening the party's image in the eyes of moderate white voters. If the apology was serious, it would mean the Southern strategy was kaput. And we know that's not true.

15. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Limbaugh is a fat cat who has lost touch and does
    not give a flip about the common American..all
    he knows is that he sees dollars signs when he
    divides Americans.

[​IMG]

http://nat.covblogs.com/archives/Rush.jpg

16. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares about Rush? The last thing that the left really wants is to have the NAACP pushed aside by Bush. The left wants Blacks to vote 90% Democrat because the left knows that anything less than 90% just about spells Democrat defeat. The ones who have lost touch are the members of the NAACP. The Democrats have divided America with their lies. Bush marginalized the NAACP by going to IBE. The NAACP has proven to be a Democrat front and nothing else.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So did Michael Irvin who was a part of the same broadcast.

18. Libero

Libero New Member

From ASLANSPAL:
    "Limbaugh is a fat cat who has lost touch and does not give a flip about the common American..all he knows is that he sees dollars signs when he divides Americans."

So why are you a Democrat? This statement describes most of the elite liberal democrats in this country. . . I make less that $30K a year and I identify a great deal with Rush. He may be rich now, but he started from the bottom and is an example of an American success story. Common Americans have made Rush what he is, he must be doing something right. . .

19. OCC

OCC Guest

"...but he started from the bottom and is an example of an American success story."

That is a good thing. How many people are TRULY given the opportunity to do the same?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everybody. Success stories abound through the United States among all races and social and economic classes. There are also stories of failures among those who appear to be advantaged.