1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Link to Dr. Wilkinson's book!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Jun 29, 2009.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, the readings robycop3 gave are the direct quotes as found in both the KJV and the NKJV.

Thus, robycop3 is not misreading either version! :(

Ed

#41 EdSutton, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
  2. Forever settled in heaven

which can only mean that KJBOism, being an evil, is indeed motivated by the love of money.

with apparent success for many! :thumbs:

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct...and I'm waiting for someone to say it's incorrect. If anyone does, I wanna see PROOF! Not opinion, not guesswork, but *PROOF*!

Antenna Farmer:To address the topic - from the little I have read in Wilkinson's book it is no worse than some of the stuff the other side comes up with. [/i]

Such as ??????????

4. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

He gets the words right. He doesn't understand them correctly. Read his explanation carefully to see if you agree with him.

A.F.

5. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EdSutton [​IMG]
    FTR, the reading robycop3 gave is a direct quote as found in the NKJV.

Ed

Robycop3 says: "Correct...and I'm waiting for someone to say it's incorrect. If anyone does, I wanna see PROOF! Not opinion, not guesswork, but *PROOF*!"

The one claiming that the Holy Bible is wrong is Robycop3. Robycop3, you are putting your man made teaching ahead of the Bible. You claim that the KJV can't be right because Robycop3 doesn't agree with it.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows."- ASV

That verse offers NO exceptions to the kinds of evil having their root in the love of money. No exceptions. None at all! "All kinds" "all sorts" it makes no difference. None of the versions offer you even one evil that isn't some "kind" of evil.

A.F.

6. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Such as your "love of money" thesis.

7. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

I am surprised at your response here. I said only that the KJV rendered the passage correctly. I (carefully) did not say that the others were in error. That hardly qualifies as a "blanket statement". It was merely a statement of a particular fact.

A.F.

8. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Yes, I agree

King James' "b"ody "o"dor-ism is VERY EVIL and quite offensive.

Maybe you should leave him alone and stop attacking the word of God in this underhanded way.

9. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

You are right, except the ones that say "a root" of "all kinds" is redundency at "work".

What other kinds of roots present growth into any evil that doesn't fall under the heading of "all kinds"?

The KJV is right. The other versions which read offer confusion to the mind's ability to reason.

maybe that's why roby insists the alternatives to the KJV.

I know an element that causes all kinds of corrosion.

"Water is the root cause of oxidation."

"Water is a root cause of all kinds of oxidation."

The are other root elements which cause corrosion.

Which of the two quotes above is right?

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Garvey, I have started a new thread called 'spinoff'. I have pasted/answered your last post there. Please respond there for anything about 1 Tim. 6:10, etc. & keep this thread dwealing with W's book. (EVERYONE, please, not just Mr. Garvey. I see Antenna Farmer is already there.)

11. Forever settled in heaven

great confe$$ion! the statement original being:

The KJV rendering at 1 Timothy 6:10 is correct.
    A.F.

which can only mean that KJBOism, being an evil, is indeed motivated by the love of money.
    perhaps some repentance could follow.

thou sayest!

and how creative of you! for me, KJBOism stands for King James Bible Onlyism.

12. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

What's wrong with you, can't you stick with the already established slant against the KJV with "KJVO"? and have invented a new slurr against the Bible?

Maybe you'd be better received if you'd quit lumping me up and cramming me into your wee little box.

Are you also suggesting my need for repentence is to bring my salvation into question?

Why is it your convulsive obsessory disorder will not permit you to speak about the book?

I believe it is a far cry towards total misrepresentation to claim those who stand on the KJV as the word of God is somehow linked to 7th day adventists.

Why is it you seem to have nothing to talk about.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does lumping one up mean?

It's "obsessive-compulsive disorder."

The idiom :'It's a far cry from..." means that something is totally different from the claims of another.

14. Forever settled in heaven

actually, i was riding along with the "established slant" of KJBOs themselves--don't u know that they call their bible the KJB? :laugh:

obsessive? ew, look who's all bent outta shape.

also, u may have meant obsessive-Compulsive disorder, pfffft. :thumbs:

fwiw, speaking of SDAs, there's this comparison of KJBOist n SDA publications online.

lemme know if it was useful.

15. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Funny you should mention it, but isn't "KJB" a way of saying "King James Bible"?

I have a few KJV's that say "The King James Bible" so Idon't have a problem with it, you do.

Nope, convulsive is the right word in your case.

Nope, dont bother with anything 7th day, they are a cult.

I know many who have only a KJV and they a definitely not a cult member so stop wasting your time before you even go there.

I find it absurd to call people whichever slurr you choose and then to try and make a connection to 7th day adventists!

BTW, I'm sure there's a URL for anything one wants to think along with other "camps" on any subject these days. Pick a subject and enter it into your search engine, something will come up and you'll find some forum or blogspot with people discussing it.:jesus:

16. Forever settled in heaven

actually, the only problem you have is honesty. go reread your postings to find the line of argument. yes, you did have a problem with KJBO and proceeded to convulse at its mention.

this sound familiar? :laugh::
    King James' "b"ody "o"dor-ism is VERY EVIL and quite offensive.
    not that any idle word that u say matters ... for now.

yeah right. we know who brought up the SDA, lol.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Benjamin Wilkinson was definitely a 7th Day Adventist preacher/teacher/official, and the current KJVO doctrine is definitely derived from his book. The PROOF for that statement is IN THAT BOOK, to which i have provided a link in the O.P., and in the subsequent KJVO stuff published after 1930.

Don't believe me? Just READ THAT BOOK for yourself! That's why I provided the link, so you would have PROOF for my statements.

Betcha can't find all the tenets of the current KJVO doctrine in any one publication made before 1930, and, most-condemning of all to the KJVO doctrine, betcha cannot find ONE QUARK OF SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for it, even in the KJV itself!

18. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

The "KJVO" doctrine is derived from a 7th day adventists book?????????????

From everything I've read, except waht you believe, the KJVO doctrine is based solely upon the KJV.

Din't 1611 and the prior Bibles all come BEFORE 1930????????????

Maybe i misunderstand because i simply believe the KJV to be God's word yet many here INSIST because i do that I also agree with everything they say a KJVO is and adhere to everything they SAY that every "KJVO" does and gets his resource from.

You people are a JOKE!

Your problem is with people, period!

19. Forever settled in heaven

aw, he missed it again ... by a whisker! that's just too bad.

yes, the KJBO doctrine was "derived" (actually, Plagiarised!) fr the SDA don's book. common knowledge ... just google it.

obviously Garvey ain't read muchie! :laugh:

ah, guess THAT's the problem. Garvey's confused the KJB with his KJBOism.

ok ... here's saying it s-l-o-w-l-y for the umpteenth time: what does the O in KJBO stand for?

how many verses in the KJB teach the O?

people who parrot SDA professors, the blind leading the blind.

yep, what a hoot.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Garvey:The "KJVO" doctrine is derived from a 7th day adventists book?????????????

Yerp!

AGAIN, IF YA DON'T BELIEVE IT, JUST READ THAT BOOK!

From everything I've read, except waht you believe, the KJVO doctrine is based solely upon the KJV.

OK, lessee some *PROOF* from the KJV!

Din't 1611 and the prior Bibles all come BEFORE 1930????????????

Yerp...but not the current KJVO doctrine!

Maybe i misunderstand because i simply believe the KJV to be God's word yet many here INSIST because i do that I also agree with everything they say a KJVO is and adhere to everything they SAY that every "KJVO" does and gets his resource from.

Well, "I" also believe the KJV is God's word...along with the NKJV, NASV, NIV, & several other English versions-not to mention translations in other languages besides English.

You people are a JOKE!

Actually, the joke is KJVO. And it's a "dirty" joke to boot!

Your problem is with people, period!

One of my probs in my work for GOD is having to undo the work of the purveyors of bunk such as those who spread the false KJVO doctrine.

Now, have you been able to disprove a thing I and other Freedom Readers have said ? NEWP! Have you done anything but repeat the same ole KJVO hooey? NEWP! Have you even LOOKED at the evidence we've submitted proving KJVO false? NEWP!

And have you read the first page of Wilkinson's book? I doubt it.

And you expect anyone here to take you seriously when you make absolutely NO ATTEMPT to deal with the evidence we supplied, such as Dr. Wilkinson's book? Not hardly.