1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

List Of Agreement Between the Arms/Cals here On BB!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Why not ahve us all agree toa "Common manifesto" of doctrinal agreements between the cals/Arms here on BB?

Don't we ALl affirm that:
    the fall of man made us depraived and unable to come to God by/in ourselves
    that Jesus died as atonement for all of the Sins for Gods saints, that we MUST have his grace applied to us by placing personal faith in jesus as Saviour and Lord?
    That God saves ONLY thru Jesus Christ and His grace applied to sinners,
    That we are not able to come to Gos unless/until he grants His grace towards us?
    That the Gospel ALONE is message that saves?
    ONLY way we can be saved is by the Cross and its effectual atonment wrought by God to sinful man?
    That once redeemed, we have the Holy Spirit indwell us, and ONLY way god has for us to live is by/thru the HS today?
    That once saved, we are also kept by pwer of Godm as savation basis is the Cross, not ourselves?

Don't we All: adhere and affirm these to be the truth?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Obviously not :tongue3:

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

is it JUST me, but are we more alike in what we adhere to, that what seperates us?

isn't MAIN difference that Cals see individual election, God enables the salvation on behalf of man
    Arms that God decided to "grace" all with chance to potental accept Christ? Allowed freew ill for all again?

Don't we BOTH have same jesus, same Cross, same Gospel, or not?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hahahaha......Oh my, Oh my, thats a good ole fashioned belly laugh......tears are coming out of my eyes....Ohhhhhh! Good one! LOL!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Tom LOL..... I suppose I can show (just telling this to another brother) Proof texts & even proof texts with 1644 & 1689 (Even Westminster/ Those Presbyterians!) confessions for all this discussion & even say brethren, look at how over 100 Theologically adept men hunkered down & with painstaking deliberation hammered most of this stuff out already......just look & here is what they came up with....Right? Are we clear now? And I'm positive that from the corner of the room some brother will say "Yea but" :laugh: & then you will get :tonofbricks:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JF....I put on the TV early morning & on programming is this 7 Day Adventist guy "Doug Batchlor"? ....anyway explaining the Millennium & he's trying to sell his varied CD's cause he is the expert dont you know....and as he rambles on he says " Christ does all this for us but then its up to us to tell Him we believe.....if we dont we are going to Hell" ........what do you think, Is that true?

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

How much did you pay for the CD's? Please write a dissertation on what you've learned from them!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naaaa, I didnt get them but I do have some stuff by L. Ron Hubbard & Tim Lahey......no worries.....I wont leave you behind. LOL