1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Little Lies

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 22, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

On Christmas Day many parents including myself will tell my daughter Santa brought you these gift.

You better behave or Santa wont give you gifts ext. ext....

God doest approve of lies..then why do we do it. Is there an expeption because our kids are little and we can explain to them later on or is a lie a lie and we are all liars for telling our kids about Santa.

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There is no exception that I am aware of. One is a liar if he or she knowingly tells someone that something is true that this same person knows to be false. If that parent tells a child that Santa is real only for that child to later learn that it was a lie, then it should not come as a surprise when the child wonders if the story their parents told them about Jesus Christ is a lie as well.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Usually this only happens when a child is 3 and 4. By the time they are 5 or 6 the parents are telling them the difference between fantasy and real life.

But when they are 3 and 4 -- they SEE Santa in the store or on a show or ... and it is all pretty exciting for the parents.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Then there's the Easter Bunny too... kids are told the Easter Bunny brings the eggs I think..

Then there's the Stork bringing babies..

...and the Tooth Fairy giving you a quarter for your tooth (I dont know, today maybe she gives kids a dollar)