1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Living in a PG world

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sopranette, May 19, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it hard to live like I'm in a PG world. The world just is not PG. It's a hard world, and cold. It's not all Disney, all the time. It's a fight, a real battle every day. It just seems (to me) Baptists expect all Baptists to live so innocently, when it's just fight, fight, fight every day. Why is that? All peaches and cream. Even the music is so light. I'm pushing uphill all the time.

love,

Sopranette

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It used to be G rated. Now it is becoming PG-13 and R. With the FCC looking into explicit language that would cause a sailor to blush it might yet become a NC-17 kind of world. Like Lot in Sodom. He was willing to give up his daughters so that the men of Sodom would not seek their sin on his guests. Jesus said that this is what the world would come to.

Sopranette;

Do not give up. Do not lay down your armor. Keep on fighting. Our Lord:jesus: is on His way. :thumbs:

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Like Lot in Sodom. He was willing to give up his daughters so that the men of Sodom would not seek their sin on his guests."

Don't know that he was willing, he was just a smart observer and probably knew that his offer would be rejected by homosexual men :thumbs:

World gets worse each year, but the troubling part is how many Christians just keep watch all that stuff on tv and the screen instead of rejecting it from their lives and the lives of their families. :tear:

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Yet he still made the offer.
    They will be removed from it just as Lot was.
    Do you think that Lot's wife actually looked back to catch the last episode of "Desperate Housewives"?

5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I'm sorry. I should have waited and prayed for a moment before posting. I just get tired sometimes of fighting. Today I actually drove! And I'm singing again. It's rusty, but still there. Thank you, Jesus.

love,

Sopranette

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Do you know "I Feel Like Traveling On"? You're driving and I am walking. We've got to get up and keep on keeping on no matter how much it hurts. Sopranette, you are my inspiration. I am depending on you.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SC just upheld the law passed by congress banning any material that promotes homosexuality. That makes it a little closer to a PG world.

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The world is far beyond PG... it's a hard R or X rated.

Spend time in the scripture, especially the Old Testament books of history and read how bloody and perverse things were. I'm currently leading a study of the life of David (I've dubbed it, "David - uncensored") where we look at everything he did without trying to clean up his life to make it "safe for the entire family." David did all sorts of things that would keep him out of good standing in your local Baptist church, but he also was "a man after God's own heart."

Life is very messy and hard, but God is good.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When men and women disciple others and live for Christ there becomes a greater difference between the Christian and the world.

10. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Thank you, Baptist Believer. Those are certainly words to live by. It's getting harder and harder to keep our home PG, and the rest of the world out, without secluding ourselves.

Mel, it's YOU who has made it possible for me to carry on. Our situations have been similar, and I wouldn't have known what to do if I hadn't read your story first. Don't depend on me. I'm as fragile as a twig, honestly, and all scarred up. Thank God for brave men like you, who keep pushing back.
    What I won't do for a little attention, right?;)

love,

Sopranette

11. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

No they weren't they were sodomites. Homosexual is the friendly little term given themselves to appear cute and friendly with their little rainbow stickers.

This world has seen the last of the PGs and PG-13s. We are into the Rs and Xs as someone suggested in an earlier post.

In the days of Noah and the Days of Lot.......

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe one of the greastest pieces of education a kid can get is to see how the world really lives. When Christian parents share their faith with people and make disciples, their children see how it's done. It makes a mark on the kid and the kid quickly determines that his own home is a lot better than what he sees in others.