1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Longing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a child, I longed to be old enough to "make my own decisions."

When I came to Christ, I longed to learn and discover more about His life and teachings.

When I met the one whom God had chosen for me as my bride, I longed to be with her and hear her voice.

When I first heard my children's heartbeat, I longed that the Lord would give me wisdom, endurance and He create in them upright hearts.

When my children left the home, I longed for their return and for their safety.

When I retired, I longed for youth and the strength I once had.

When I am now sitting here, sleepy, yet sleepless, I so very much long that my Savior would grant me one last request.

I long to be with Him.

What do you long for, today?

2. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend. I am terrified to say, what I long for for fear He just might give it to me.:tonofbricks:

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I long to see Jesus and to finally and forever be rid of this sin nature that plagues me.

4. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Me too brother!

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Thanks agedman for that brief but eloquent and poignant picture of the life of the “true believer” and for the response it brought forth.

I am like Jon-Mark:
    And I am like Christos doulos:
    I am reminded by Spurgeon through "Thousand Hills" how blessed we the redeemed are, able to look back and rejoice at that first Advent and yet long for that second Advent.

Surely in the twilight of our lives we are like the old Patriarchs But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. and can say with the Apostle Paul I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

For today, I long to be the person in thought and deed that He wants me to be. If today is like yesterday(s), some where along the path, I'll stumble and disappoint Him. :tear:

On the tomorrow of His choosing, I long to hear:

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matt 25:21 KJV)

8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The great longing of the 1st Century churches was for the Return of Christ.
    Read about it here: http://marprelate.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/the-forgotten-doctrine-loving-the-return-of-christ-1/

'Amen, even so, come, Lord Jesus!'

Steve