1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Look here, STEALING SHEEP "ONLY GOOD" IF WE DO IT!

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Jillian, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Look here, STEALING SHEEP *ONLY* Good If WE Do It!

Ok The Vatican has released this new paper {essentially more doubletalk "yes for us, not for thee" talk, to say we are allowed to "convert" while the rest of you Christians are hateful bigoted "proselytizers".}

But what is ironic, is for decades, one has read Catholic pundits, clergy, Popes and others, yell about "SHEEP STEALING" and those "dangerous sects".

READ DOCUMENT HERE

Ok so let me get this straight, when BIBLE CHRISTIANS go to Catholic countries, it is PROSELYTISM by "SHEEP STEALER'S" AND "DANGEROUS SECTS" when they convert someone to Jesus Christ, but when they bring someone to swim the Tiber, its an "ex-pression of freedom and conscience"?

LINK

What is sad is all the Protestants, evangelicals and others, who are fooled by all this double talk!

2. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Now look at this:

From this new document:
    Quote:
    3. Today there is "a growing confusion" about the Church’s missionary mandate. Some think "that any attempt to convince others on religious matters is a limitation of their freedom," suggesting that it is enough to invite people "to act according to their consciences", or to "become more human or more faithful to their own religion", or "to build communities which strive for justice, freedom, peace and solidarity", without aiming at their conversion to Christ and to the Catholic faith.

Gee I wonder why????

Quote:
    Quote:
    Vatican/WCC study on conversion affirms freedom of religion, warns about "obsession of converting others"

A study process jointly sponsored by the Vatican and the World Council of Churches (WCC) kicked off this week by affirming the freedom of religion as a "non-negotiable" human right valid for everyone everywhere while at the same time stressing that the "obsession of converting others" needs to be cured.

LINK FROM WCC

Could Satan's workers in the Vatican be capable of anymore confusion and doubletalk?

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

More crusading...:sleeping_2:

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Can I ask how many threads do we need around here bashing the RCC??

I think we get it already....

5. Jillian

Jillian New Member

DEAL WITH THE TOPIC PLEASE. {or go to your room without dinner}

:)

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Explain why? We already know what your views are. This is a discussion board. What exactly is it that you want to discuss in starting these threads?

7. Jillian

Jillian New Member

if you don't LIKE the topic then refrain from participating ON the thread is that really so hard for you know it alls with an opinion on everything and how OTHERS are to talk, think, and worry about?

How many topics are there on this board and the ONE you seem most interested in is DEFENDING MOMMY ROME constantly, do you have your Tiber Flippers out and ready for the swim yet?

;)

#7 Jillian, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Which one? When you give us an actual topic, I'll discuss it. All you've done so far is posted more reasons why you don't like Catholicism. You haven't actually given us anything to discuss, just set out your stall yet again that you don't like the Catholic Church. <shrug> We know that already. Can we move on?

9. PastorSBC1303

I doubt with that type of attitude you are going to get many to participate.

It seems you just wanna shove down all our throats what your views are because of course they are right :BangHead:

But hey good luck with all that...

10. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Wow,. IMAGINE THAT, a DISCUSSION site where people with different ideas
    actually come to DISCUSS them..RUN....HORRORS, HIDE... ;)

I dont tell you what subjects to talk about so dont tell me.

11. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Hey if you dont like my threads, Im not forcing you to read them.

Right now you seem very invested in stopping anyone from criticizing the Catholic church on here, why is that? The TOPIC OF THIS BOARD SECTION IS OTHER DENOMINATIONS!

12. PastorSBC1303

Thats just it, you don't discuss anything. You throw up a bunch of posts bashing the RCC among others, and you have yet to discuss anything.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, discussion doesn't involve childish barbs like what you're throwing out.

Besides that...discussion board etiquette means refraining from spamming the board, that is, posting the same stuff over and over and over again.

That's what you're doing...and it's not going to engender discussion, but rather aggravation.

14. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Im curious what kind of Southern Baptist are you, that you are taking the side of the Anglical Catholics here and those who want to silence any criticism of Rome or Catholicism?

Anyhow many anabaptists went to the stake centuries ago for "bashing" Rome.

What is your excuse?

15. Jillian

Jillian New Member

I'm curious why do you feel so aggravated?

Is this board now PRO-ROMANIST now.

Getting this response on a so called BAPTIST board, is interesting.

16. PastorSBC1303

I am not taking the side of "Anglical Catholics." I am simply saying enough is enough around here. All you have done lately is throw up thread after thread bashing things, mainly the RCC. It gets rather old, and it is not about discussion at all.

I in no way, shape, or form support the RCC or their theology. I just fail to see what bashing them thread after thread is going to accomplish.

17. Jillian

Jillian New Member

You have been against me criticizing their pronouncements and teachings.

I know there are many SBCs going down the Emergent pathway.

Consider that the Vatican has referred to Baptists as rapacious wolves.

[personal attacks and offensive language deleted]

#17 Jillian, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  18. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Especially when there are none here to defend themselves.

19. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Look! Up in the sky! Is that a bird? A plane? No, it's a moderator!

love,

Sopranette

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Friend, I've been here a lot longer than you.

And if you think a childish rant or two aggravates me...guess again. I'm the least serious guy in here. Ask anyone! :laugh:

Your confrontational, judgemental, and childish attitudes will make for a short stay on the board.

Calm down, kick your shoes off, get to know us, and relax. We're not so bad. A couple of us are even saved! (Me and SBC1303...OK, so maybe tinytim....oh, and SFIC...OK, and I heard a rumor that one of the mods were saved.....:thumbs: :laugh: )