1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking at Jn 5:40 ! Ye will come to me ! But why ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What about John 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

This scripture must be understood within the overall scheme of Truth, for we know that Christ is well aware that those who do come to Him have been drawn by the Father Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Or that it must be given to them to come to Him as per Jn 6:37,65

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

So therefore, Jesus when speaking to those certain jews in Jn 5:40, He was merely acknowledging that to them, it was not the Fathers will to draw them to Himself, or frankly, they were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.