1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for a Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by bobbyd, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm not sure if one of these even exist or not, i'm looking for a good KJV reference or study Bible...but with a catch. I've grown accustom to and really utilize the break down of passages like you see in some of the modern translations (by topic, subject, etc); and would like to find a KJV that is laid out that way.
    Does anyone know of one?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Thompson Chain Reference Bible contains a very extensive subject index, if that is what you mean by beaking down passages by topic.

3. Keith M

Keith M New Member

The Rainbow Study Bible color codes each verse by topic.

4. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

I would recomend a Thompson Chain Bible.

I like the way it helps you to learn doctrine from the Bible, not commenary.

It is easy to find a verse on a topic with the index or the concordance.

The chain topics in the margin is like a very brief commentary that really helps me to get the most of my reading.

There are a lot more useful features.

I have it in NKJV and NIV.

The problem with it is that it is rather large and heavy on standard size. My NIV is in handy size, but then the text is small.

5. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Although probably not what you want, Nave's breaks down everything by topic.

6. standingfirminChrist

The Subject Bible Complete Topical Study and Reference Edition by Dr. Everette Gaddy,

The KJV Subject Bible by Dr. Everette Gaddy, as seen on many Christian Television networks, is an exciting and unique new Bible offering from The KJV Store. The Subject Bible is a Biblical Library containing the world's most complete Bible analysis. It furnishes a complete and simple means for finding at once all that the Bible teaches on any subject.

This soft, quality, leather bound Burgundy colored Bible is strategically divided into 2 sections. The first section contains the entire King James Version of the Bible in a large print type face and standard verse and column format. The second section, "The Whole Bible Arranged by Subjects", Features all 31,000 plus KJV Bible verses meticulously organized by subject and arranged into more than 4,000 topics. There is also an alphabetical subject index at the back of the Subject Bible that lets you look up any subject alphabetically and the page number where it appears in both of the 2 sections.

#6 standingfirminChrist, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

8. standingfirminChrist