1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for a church

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by jshurley04, Sep 1, 2005.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Praise God!

How are ya'll doing?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

God is blessing us brother. I'm a few months away from being a daddy again, praise the Lord! We are in the process of putting up our new building, which is something we have been working towards for quite a while. It should give us room to grow. Mansfield is booming right now, we were in the country and now we have housing developments all over the place.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not feelin the love, Bob. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Well, we've gone back and forth and I know where you are and you know where I'm at.

Just praying that this young preacher is not caught up with the BAD part of the God-is-going-to-punish-me-even-though-He-said-my-sin-was-forgiven crowd. Don't be bad influence . . . :eek:

5. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Actually, we have been visiting around. The home church that I attended before we left for Bible College is not where I need to be. The pastor has either begun or I just now recognize that personal opinion is being elevated to the level of doctrine. I also have a problem with the fact that he preached the last time I was there that the original inspiration of the scriptures is less important than the inspiration of the KJV Bible. We have visited other churches that we have really enjoyed but the children's programs are either not existant or not well run. We want to join to a congregation until God shows us where to go, but it is a whole family effort, my children are as important as my wife and I.

Dr. Bob, I don't think I am familiar with the I'm saved but getting punished by God anyway movement. Sounds like an amillenial or post-trib position to me.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

JShurley,

Which church were you on staff at?

God Bless

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Dr. Bob,

I am glad you clarified what it was. I never was that good with some big words ...

Wayne

8. Mapipe

Mapipe Member
    Site Supporter

I am glad you clarified what it was. I never was that good with some big words ...

You know, I'm the same way with "Expository Preaching". I keep hearing guys say that Expository Preaching is what they do. As far as I'm concerned...I liked it when I first sat under it, but then the longer I sat, it seemed to me that the preachers were disecting the scripture instead of preaching it. Does anyone else see this? They get so very deep into the Greek and all that they come across as not letting the Lord guide their message. Maybe I just had a bad experience with it........

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Dr. Bob,

By 'millenial exclusionists' are you referring to Baptist briders or to the ilk of Joey Faust? I presume the latter. In which case I do not think there are any BBF guys who would agree with Joey. He is off in his own world.

10. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

JShurley, I would like you to try out a wonderful church in Mansfield. The Heritage Baptist Church at 201 E. Broad Street. They don't have a Christian school there if you are wondering, but some very edifying preaching can be heard there.

I understand your struggle with inexperience. Do not feel a need to move up too soon, pray and seek His guidance. Move at His pace. I admire your honesty and humility.

In Christ,

dale

11. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Friends,

I have not been on in a week due to the sudden death of my father in law. I posted in the prayer list under Texas Southern Gospel. I have not kept up for a while. For those of you that have sent me messages, I will reply soon. My family will probably, for now, be going back to my home church in Arlington to support my mom in law. The church and pastor has bent over backwards for the family. Although I do not see eye to eye with the pastor on all fronts, it is time to do something for God until He directs elsewhere. Besides, I have never been one to hold to the multiple levels of separation that many practice. I agree in enough areas of Doctrine that I can put aside and work with the church in the areas that I don't; they are not the critical areas of Doctrine.

12. pastor chep day

pastor chep day New Member

BROTHER GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU JUST BE STILL AND LISTEN TO THAT STILL SMALL VOICE.... THIER ARE MANY CITIES IN IDAHO THAT NEED THE WORD... IT'S A DESERT OUT IN IDAHO. GOD CALLED ME IN THE CHURCH PLANTING DIRECTION/ STARTED A BAPTIST CHURCH IN BLACKFOOT ID. IN DEC.2004 AND I NOW HAVE A COUPLE OF FAMILIES COMEING 70 MILES AWAY JUST TO HEAR THE WORD. THIS MONTH WERE STARTING A BIBLE STUDY IN THEIR CITY PRAYING IT WOULD PLANT ANOTHER INDEPENDANT FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHURCH. START PRAYING IF GOD LEADS CALL I'LL HELP OUT AS BEST AS I CAN GETING YOU POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.