1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for an illustration

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by bobbyd, Apr 21, 2005.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

A few years ago i found an illustration that came from a pastor in GA (i think) that compared a church that prays (kind of generically) and a church that is committed to prayer. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, do you know where i can find it?

in HIS grip
    bobbyd

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Try Tann's book of illustrations.
    There are about 10,000 of them in it.

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I know of an illustration where one group "approves" of something and the other group is "committed" to the task...

For instance, in a breakfast of bacon and eggs, the chicken "approves," but the pig is "committed."

4. GARick

GARick New Member

I am not sure if the specific illustration you seek is included here but it may be worth a look as there are dozens of prayer related sermon illustrations listed across six categories. Even if you do not find the one you are looking for, maybe you’ll come across an adequate alternative.

http://www.bible.org/illus.asp?char=P (scroll down the page to “Pray”)

5. GARick

GARick New Member

bobbyd

http://www.bible.org/illus.asp?topic_id=1140

I believe you will find the illustration you requested under the topic "Prayer" and entitled "What's the Difference." The illustrations are listed in alphabetical order so this one is near the end.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Thanks for all of the input, i wound up finding it on an old computer at home. I probably should have checked there first. I will be using the other links you guys gave me also...so thanks again!

bobbyd