1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looks Like Oil and Gasoline Prices Will Head Up on Monday

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Aug 27, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Hurricane Katrina heading for the northern Gulf it looks like as much as 1.5 million barrels of oil per day and 10 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day could be shut down in the Gulf of Mexico. And if any major platforms suffer damage this could have ramifications for months to come.

Also, I imagine the refineries in the New Orleans area will be shut down with what could be a category 4 or even 5 hurricane coming ashore. I sure hope none of these plants suffer damage.

But I imagine that the ususal suspects - the oil companies and the Bush administration - will be blamed for the subsequent rise in oil and gasoline prices.

Let's pray for everyone in the path of this storm. Having been through a major storm, Hurricane Celia, in 1970 which had a gust measured at 180 mph I know what anyone riding this out will going through.

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Bush and this administration will be evaluated
    and always evaluated on oil policy and prices long and short term but
    decorum calls for mercy during this time of
    potential what ifs.We all desire that the
    worst scenarios are less than predicted. With
    that said topped off the gas tank today and would advise the same in the spirit of shrewdness.

I hope the poor and destitute in New Orleans who
    cannot afford a car much less fill the tank are
    being taken care of. Knowing what over 200 mph
    vortex winds are like in Wichita Falls in 1979
    I cannot imagine sustained winds over 100 mph with
    gusts even higher would be like.

Sincerely
    Aslanspal

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Eliminate the taxes on gasoline and a 3.00 dollar gallon of gas becomes a 2.00 gallon of gas.

4. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

It was a budget buster but I just filled up. Will get into the whats and why's of the prices later. At this time I would rather devote my energy to prayers for those effected. Dont underestimate this storm.