1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lordship Salvation and children

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you deny that even saints still have that ole sin principle that tries to get us to rebel against god, our "flesh?"

And did the progidal son tell us that a saved person went out into the World to sow his wild oats, repented, and ended up abck to god, and god received him fully back?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If tapes and other sermons deny the Word of God, I have no interest.
    It is plain to see here.

1. Paul calls them "brethren."
    2. Paul calls them "carnal."
    Therefore they are "Carnal brethren."
    Conclusion: They are "Carnal Christians."
    There isn't any other conclusion to come to.
    It is you that needs to refine or change your definitions to agree with what the Bible says.
    The Bible doesn't change to fit your theology; you change your theology to fit what the Bible teaches.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christians while in this body,can and do sin.They are no longer bound by sin however,and no christian can be characterized as a drunkard, thief, fornicator,etc'....

No...that is not the message of the prodigal son.

read this:
    http://www.the-highway.com/definitive-sanctification_Murray.html

#63 Iconoclast, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The sermons I offered you.....teach exactly what the word says...which you deny. Your failure to listen indicates a wrong view on seeking truth, that should not be emulated.
    You obviously do not understand what those men demonstrate from the texts, and yet you have no interest in it, but rather repeat your error.
    I find you very inconsistent DHK...consistently inconsistent.
    You are either on the money, or lost in space...very peculiar.

Christians are Spiritual DHK.....because the Spirit indwells them.

Christians can act out of character...as .like, or similar to unsaved persons.

That is why Paul rebukes them...they were acting as men[natural men} acting like the unsaved.....in this particular sin...

later in the letter he shows the contrast quite clearly...

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Called a brother....but if their life can be explained in these terms , he says throw them out if they do not repent. he does not say..oh well they are carnal christians so they will not get a yo-yo and box of cracker jacks in the future kingdom????

No he says:
    12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Most oxymorons only seem to be contradictory, but they actually tell the truth. Let me give you some examples:

1. devout atheist
    2. dull roar
    3. eloquent silence
    4. even odds
    5. exact estimate
    6. extinct life
    7. festive tranquility
    8. found missing
    9. freezer burn
    10. friendly takeover
    11. genuine imitation
    12. good grief
    13. growing smaller
    14. guest host
    15. historical present
    16. humane slaughter
    17. icy hot
    18. idiot savant
    19. ill health
    20. impossible solution
    These are all oxymorons. Two words of opposite meaning put together but the phrase makes sense. Sometimes I do leave something in the freezer too long, and it does get "freezer burn." And there is a "Carnal Christian," oxymorons notwithstanding.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I refuse to listen to those who IMO, have erred. That includes the RCC, SDA, etc. In this case I am not going to waste my time listening to something that I don't believe in. It is a waste of my time.
    I am not the one in error.
    I am still grounded on earth brother.
    We all sin. There are times that even the most godly of Christians take their eyes of the Lord, fail, and need to come back to 1John 1:9, and confess their sin.
    If there is any that denies the above truth, and say that they are sinless, then they are in dire warning of what John says in 1John 1:8.10--denying Christ Himself.

Yes, that is carnality. It is the mark of a carnal Christian. How long will such a one go on living "our of character"? That is the question.
    Paul rebukes them because they were carnal, acting in the flesh, as babes that had not grown spiritually. He could not feed them meat, but had to feed them milk.

1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
    --It is very plain. Here Paul says: I want to feed you with meat, but you are still not able to take it. I still have to feed you with more milk. For this reason they were carnal.
    The fact that he calls the "brethren" indicates that they were saved, Christians: but "Carnal Christians."
    There is no difference between "called a brother," and "is a brother." Paul is not playing word games and is not deceitful. A brother is a brother. He is referring to the saved. The point here is church discipline. If a "brother" sins (as in 1Cor.5:1-4), then the church needs to discipline him out of the fellowship of believers and be consistent with that discipline. Don't have fellowship with him. Don't go and invite him to your house for dinner, or vice-versa. Don't go and have coffee with him. Don't have fellowship with him at all. That is the reason that he was disciplined "out of the fellowship of the church."
    Whether he had committed any sin of immorality, drunkenness, idolatry, (new car, computer, sports, TV, etc.--lots of idols) covetous (lots of things to covet--common sin), or an extortioner. Whatever the cause one is disciplined for, don't have fellowship with him. That doesn't mean he is unsaved. How could he be unsaved? One doesn't admit into membership unsaved individuals! The membership of the church are only saved and baptized individuals. This discussion revolves only around those who are saved in the first place.
    Paul doesn't play word games like some of your friends do. He tells the truth. If Paul "calls them a brother," then they are brothers!!!
    "Brothers" can be carnal. That is what he is teaching. He is not teaching that we should play around with words and make them mean what they don't mean. Church discipline is only meaningful when it applies to the saved--saved individuals who have fallen into sin. It has always been that way. Why else would you exercise church discipline. Read Matthew 18. Jesus recommended church discipline, and gave the method how to exercise. Go to thy brother. If he does not repent, take one or two witnesses with you in going again to thy brother. If he does not repent bring it to the church (and your brother), that the church may exercise discipline. Then your brother will be treated like a publican or the heathen. IOW, he is to be avoided. But he doesn't lose his salvation. He is still a brother. But until he repents he is a carnal brother, a carnal Christian who has been disciplined out of the church.
    Those that are without are the unsaved outside of the church. Paul or the church does not them. What business is it of the church to try and discipline the "gays" and others that have no business with us. It is not our business. God will judge them.
    Our local churches are composed of saved individuals. And in the midst of those saved individuals there is bound to be the odd carnal Christian.
    We all aren't as spiritual as you would hope us to be.

In fact James writing to believers says:
    James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
    --James is addressing carnal Christians. These are "brethren." They were committing spiritual adultery. They were called the enemies of God and yet at the same time they were saved, born again, blood bought Christians, just carnal ones.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we all have that sin principle, we have that sin nature that wants to 'take over" , but the lord commands us to reckon ourselves as crucified with/in christ, so we don't have to heed the flesh, but obey the Spirit!

How about than chrsitian that was having sexual relationships towards his stepmom? paul said kick him out, but he seemed to repent and try to come back in, and paul said to accept him back as a brother in the lord!

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK
    That is why you do not understand the passage.
    Yes...you are for sure,on several counts.

"

Sure there is.

This is not true. There are people on membership roles who are not christians.

My friends preach and teach from the greek text.That is not playing word games,That is why they know what the text teaches and you do not.
    Repeating your error and bearing false witness against godly men will not lead to truth.

This is willful ignorance on your part. The truth is available and you refuse to learn.....case closed:thumbsup:

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are also people in heaven right now who failed to live as "Chrsitian" a lifestyle as some in hell right now though!

Our ONLY hope is the cross, and jesus, and receiving Him gives us etrnal life, and he promised that he will save ALL whom come unto him!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When all you can reply with is personal insult then you have already lost your debate.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While to an extent I think I understand the idea you are trying to put out,

I do not believe such a "life-style" exists.
    Some pastors spend most of their ministries trying to teach goats how to "live a christian lifestyle". So the goats develop a legalistic religion and then perish in unbelief.
    The struggling sheep goes to heaven because of the new heart and actually being known of God.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just sayin that a person could be by behaviour, "good works" better than you an me as man records it, its just that NONE of us have the rightousness God demands, for ONLY Jesus kept perfectly the Law for our benefit!

There are athiests who act "really good", but by the standard of God, that accounts for nothing when judged!

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe even the good works of unsaved men are sin....think of Jesus desciption in mt 23.