1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lordship salvation volume 3

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alive in Christ, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Winman...

Nice "trusting Christ" analogy with the fireman. :thumbs:

#81 Alive in Christ, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The devils have knowledge about God.
    When we talk about belief we talk about faith. Faith is a more accurate word since we are saved by faith and not of works.
    Do the devils have faith? Perhaps. But what is the object of their faith? If your remember one third of the angels followed Lucifer in a rebellion against God. The object of their faith was Lucifer. The object of the faith of the demons is still Lucifer or Satan. They follow him; they obey his commands. Satan is still deceived that he someday can overthrow God. The devils believe. Yes, but in what do they believe? The object of their faith is not in the risen Christ but in Lucifer or in Satan.

The object of my faith is in the risen Christ who has paid the penalty for my sin by his death on the cross. What is the object of your faith. Everyone has faith. From the smallest to the greatest we all have faith. What is important is the object of that faith.

From the beginning to the end Christ is the object of my faith. That is, from the day I trusted him onward He is the author and finisher of my faith. He is the object of my faith.

...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (2 Timothy 1:12)

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    dhk

10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death...

Repentance to salvation....DHK...you do not understand Pink at all....you could learn much from him as he gives the correct answers to those areas that you miss.:type:

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe you forgot about this one....
    or this;

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is your position that is on the wrong side of the issue;
    look here;
    There are many warnings of having a false belief......no fruit ...many in the professing churches today say they believe ...but do not MT7:21-24

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most excellant post...MM.....Pink is masterful on most areas of the christians life and experience.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Believing those facts do not save. One has to come to repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast....

I have read a couple of Pinks books.

Pink is not only a calvinist, but also a legalist.

Not good. Not good at all.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Let's say you had a drinking problem. I approach you and say if you will repent of drinking for one year I will buy you a new car. You do repent, you stop drinking, and after one year I buy you a new car.

Was this new car a free gift? I think you know better. You earned it by stopping drinking for one year.

Your idea of salvation is no different, you believe if we stop sinning Jesus will save us, if we do not stop sinning he won't. That is works salvation, it is earning your salvation.

Also, what if you had one little drink at nine months? Did you stop drinking for one year? No.

It would be the same in your system. Unless you remain sinless until you die, you cannot truly say you have stopped sinning, can you?

Oh, but you will say you never said a person must remain perfectly sinless, because you admit you sin on occasion.

So, how are you different from the rest of us? You sin just like the rest of us, although perhaps less frequent, but that is debatable also. If others were to scrutinize you as you do others, you may be found wanting.

You seem to assume that most of us here are not true believers and continue in sin. I can't speak for others, but I hate my sin. I want to obey Jesus just like you, though I often fail.

One thing I have learned is not to judge others. Jesus said to judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged.

So, just remember, God is going to hold you accountable to the same standard you judge others. That alone should get your attention. Perhaps you should be careful how you judge other's faithfulness to God.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You clearly show you do not have a clue as to what repentance is. I never said a person has to stop sinning to repent and the NT never says repent of your sin. Yet a person does have to repent to be saved. I strongly suggest that you find out what it means. Pointing out what the bible says is not judging. You say you hate your sin. Then stop doing it!

#90 freeatlast, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Iconoclast, you pull 1 Cor 15:2 out of context. What is the topic of 1 Cor 15? It is the resurrection of our physical bodies. Paul is not implying his hearers might be false believers, he is saying that if Jesus did not rise from the dead, then our faith is vain.

1 Cor 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
    17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is in vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Why would our faith be vain if Jesus did not rise from the dead, and why would we remain in our sins? Because Jesus had to ascend and offer his blood on the mercy seat in heaven. Without blood there is no remission of sins.

So, Paul is not implying these persons are false believers at all, he is showing that if Jesus did not rise again, then our faith (real, true faith) in him is in vain.

And notice when Paul gives the gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4 that he does not say we must turn from sinning. But he does mention faith in verse 2.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do know what to repent means. It means to turn from the false belief we are righteous and can earn salvation, realizing and confessing we are sinners, and turning to Jesus only and depending on him only to save us.

I do try to stop sinning every day. But I am honest with myself and see I do not. Do you tell every single person you meet the gospel? To my shame I don't. I walk by people every day and do not share the gospel with them. Jesus commanded us to preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

Do you do this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.