1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lordship salvation vs Easy believeism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the day Christ saved me these two things (among many others) happened:

1) Believing on Him became one of the easiest things I know how to do.
    2) He made Himself Lord of my life.

HankD

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody ever tell ya that because you do such and such, then you really cant be a genuine true to life Christian?

3. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup. I've heard that nonsense from those who promote the heresy of Lordship Salvation.

And they've each got a list of "offenses" that puts somebody outside of grace.

And I'll bet you dollars to donuts that nothing they do is on their list.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh they still surprise themselves....like a good looking woman congeres up thoughts (that must be suppressed) or a swear word passes the lips of those holier than thou, or whatever....but they cant let that be seen.....Heaven forbid. Its just hypocracy. And we are all hypocrates....but its vital that it never be exposed amongst the Holy ....its forbidden!

#64 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is quite correct. I know non Calvinists that affirm Lordship Salvation.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is false James. What say you of James MacDonald (a non Calvinist) whom fully holds to Lordship salvation? Read his tract on repentance, read his books, or hear his sermons. The man is no Calvinist but fully understands Lordship Salvation.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I know Calvinists that don't. So what....see you view Lordship Salvation to be the only position to hold and anything else is not valid. Thats an arrogant stance to take brother and you seem to be falling into that trap. Now I don't consider LS to be heredical or anything harsh like that but it does tend to draw a judgemental line in the sand.....and I believe that our God is one of both Judgement and Mercy....or else there would be NO Grace.

#68 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 8, 2015
  9. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

LS.

Let's look at the great commission, these little tid bits (in bold) are often left out.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I like this snippet from Brother PW. Christ is Lord of all. At the end of the clip he tells it like it is, if God began a good work in you he will finish it. If there is no change in your life than nothing has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11ASw5NRUw

10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can someone say "I accept you as savior but cannot be Lord over me"?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not even the Roman Catholic....but in their doctrine, when they sin they have the sacrument of confession to right them again.

12. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People can say anything they want to. Saying something doesn't make it biblical

Trying to "accept" Him as Savior OR Lord may well leave someone lost. He accepts us, not the other way around.

Oh, I forgot. I think the good Jedi Master has me on ignore. Would someone be so kind as to quote this post?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK...who did our lord specifically speak to?

Nobody is disagreeing with that brother...it is the work of the HS that through grace that changes the person. But are we to be thexones who cast judgemental apon our brothers because we don't see the works happening. Did not the Pharisees continuiously do that....ie set up stumbling blocks that only they could judge people....so that when they do stumble and fall...!

No, our Lord is conserned mainly to give a true account of the law. HE does this by teaching us not to judge,not to commit adultery, not to kill....etc. In effect He is saying that "I am the Lord and my interpertations are the true legal ones...the true ones"....but I trust we are all in agreement with that.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is false. I recognize non LS types as christians.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good!....then why is it the job of others to validate faith? Is mankind not human and prone to making mistakes? Who is the only one fit to make that judgemental call?

16. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will speak from a pastoral perspective. I have an obligation to shepherd those under my charge. If someone make a profession of faith and never displays fruit, I should be concerned. Since we are all our brothers keeper, all of us have the same responsibility one to another. It is not a matter of judgment. It is a matter of adelphos, brotherly love.

Look at your own situation for a second. You are not a member of a local church. Ergo you are not under pastoral oversight. It is a hard thing to live as a Christian without accountability. And I am not pointing the finger at you. I need the same accountability. I need others to be concerned for my soul and to correct me (in love) if I stray.

17. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think only evangelist6589 is aloud to start threads on LS. It is in the BB by-laws I believe.

;)

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's your point? I sit under 3 very capable beings brother and they love me and teach me and correct me all the time. Never fear God is with me wherever I go.

#78 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 8, 2015
  19. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are willfully neglecting the local church. Only the local church has the authority to administer the ordinances. Only the local church has the authority to administer church discipline. Paul wrote three letters (1 & 2 Timothy and Titus) on local church issues. In 1 Timothy 4:11 Paul charges Timothy to, "Prescribe and teach these things" within the local church. Meeting privately, even with three capable brothers, is no substitute for the God-ordained local church. I am sorry, but that I have to state this plainly and clearly. I also understand that some people have been injured in a previous church experience. That may or may not be your situation. But even if it is I encourage you not to forsake the assembling of yourselves together (Hebrews 10:25) in the local church. Not only do you need it, but your brothers and sisters in Christ need your ministry to them.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no local church.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.