1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lordship Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

This a copy of a question that I posed to my pastor and I thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion.

Would either, neither or both of these statements be considered Lordship Salvation In counceling a person under conviction by the Holy Spirit (a seeker)?

1. You must be willing to make Christ Lord in your life.

2. You will be willing to make Christ Lord in your life.

And would the same apply to baptism; you will be willing to follow Christ in believers baptism or you must? Does this constiture a works application or is this poor phraseolgy ?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe that it will be "willing" rather than "must". Even more strongly, I think it will be "desire".

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Sister:thumbs:

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The LORD Jesus Christ is Lord of everyones life.

Believers all willing seek to love and obey the LORD.

12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. unbelievers are in rebellion to His Lordship.