1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Losing luggage

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 20, 2007.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you fly alot? Do you find that the airports have lost your luggage a lot?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

FLy quite a bit - have never had luggage totaly lost, but temporary loses are becoming pretty standard.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've lost more luggage coming home than going to places. The airlines have been very good in delivering it within 24 hours.

4. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Flown lots, but have never had lost luggage.

I make sure I take off all the old tags. I have heard that one major reason for lost luggage is confusion due to old tags left on luggage from previous trips.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, never lost any. But don't psychologists and some ministers say we need to get rid of some baggage?

6. Gayla

Gayla New Member

When DH's familyu got together for a reunion last year, one of his sister's bags was "delayed."

One of our bags got torn up. But the baggage claim office for our Airline had replacements available. We just chose one of those, repacked, and went on with the trip.

Repacking was a breeze, because we were using the bags that you smush the air out of after you pack'em.

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I had some lost coming home from Europe, but they delivered it when it came. At least I was home, so I didint need any stuff.

And once going to Boston, it got lost. I was on a trip with the seminary, and the airline company gave us all vouchers to go buys some new clothes. I looked at it as God's provision!

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The first year I went to Ukraine, I only packed a couple of changes of clothes--only one dress. It was not a pretty sight to wear a dress with out washing it for three days in a row--it stood on it's own. That dress never was the same.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

LOL, did you stay within the amount of the voucher or was the store glad to see ya coming?

10. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well, I stayed inside the amount, but most of those with me didnt, lol, so it was a win win situation I guess