1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lotto Tithe? A Spitiual Quandary???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

There are things that are not clearly defined in the Bible that we as Christians have to make a decision on whether we will participate in them or not.

I have no problem with all the verses quoted in this thread and the other about loving money, coveting, etc...those being sins.

Getting a large sum of money can absolutely lead to that. On the other hand there are other very wealthy people who don't let that control them or hurt their relationship with God.

I personally don't gamble often because I think it's a habit that I might find hard to break (I love playing cards) and I don't want to become addicted. I also think (as stated above) that because of the social stigma and locale of many gambling places, that it could hurt my testimony to Christ.

I just don't personally think the act of gambling is a sin. The addiction to it (or anything else for that matter) is where the problem is.