1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louie Giglio declines offer to pray at inauguration.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 12strings, Jan 10, 2013.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is a very telling moment for the country.

I don't what anybody else thought yesterday, but with this and National Cathedral announcing their openness to same-s3x unions/marriages it was a big day for the gay movement. They've gone from being an ambiguous and persecuted sub-culture to dictating policy and national priorities. They've done it in 30 years.

Louie is a great guy, a great guy. He's a humble pastor who wants nothing more than to exalt Christ and glorify God. There is nothing in his ministry that speaks of hate. However, we all must be prepared to be called anti-_____ and haters if we stand on biblical commands. Our nation is heading to cultural oblivion. It is the recompense we deserve.

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

It is good for Louie, and the rest of us, to draw these lines and stand up. Pray for him as he faces these attacks.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We want diversity! Wait a minute, not that kind of diversity!!!

Cracks me up

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really appreciate Lou Giglio. Here's one of my favorite quotes by him.

He knows better than anyone if the persons who asked him to pray did so to make a stink over his previous comments.

If he feels that a commotion made about it would override the exaltation of God by his praying, then it's his call. I, personally, would have loved to have him pray at the inauguration.

5. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is about diversity. And doing the right thing. As Louie has his reasons for declining!

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I have several of Giglio's resources and I enjoy them. I doubt Obama would have cared for the prayer Gigliio would have offered. It would have been a God glorifying prayer, I am sure.

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I hear Rev. Wright may be available.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Know What You Mean...

...currently on another forum, I am being called many different things for my stance on this subject. And what is even more surprising is that there are not many believers willing to jump into the argument and fight the good fight along side of me.

Check out these three links to see what I am going through, and if you feel like commenting, please do. I could use the support.

If it takes a few seconds to open, it is because of the large number of comments made, making it sluggish to open.

On this particular post, I was forced to remove more than 70 comments with photos for their inappropriateness, and I was slammed for being the "Moral police!" :) http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981762428

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981825165

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981835231

Giving up a chance to be part of history is true dedication to God.

#9 righteousdude2, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I very much admire Louie and think of him as a solid man of God. He even delayed starting one of the Passion conferences to pray for my husband when he was just walking again after falling off the roof. It was at our church and my hubby was helping to organize it and he and Charlie Hall and his band had a most amazing prayer time with hubby before they started.

I thought it was great that he was invited but not surprised at the "digging up" of "dirt" on him. Too bad the "dirt" is solid Biblical teaching.

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will be so glad when it's all over.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12. quantumfaith

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Amos 8: KJB
    11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

14. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. John 3:19

This is as easy as determining white from black, light from darkness. America has spoken against their Creator in favor of the creature. We saw this at the DNC last year.

15. quantumfaith

OT, please help.....I am not understanding your point to "me".

16. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can Someone Please Find Out For ME???

...I have been hearing the press report that Louie was asked to step aside. This OP suggests that Louie made the choice to step aside.

I'd sure like to know what it was, because when you think about it, asking to step aside is not the same as stepping aside by personal choice.

Just askin' if there is something that would clear this up?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It looks like there was a ground swell to start the process of making an old sermon an issue and rather than allowing it to be a distraction, he decided to not do the prayer.