1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana College launches Pressler Law School

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by mjohnson7, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

2. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Liberty has a law school as well. Any other Baptist law schools out there?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a big red flag when a school or department in a Christian college is named after a man. The honor should go to Christ not a man.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==What?? All Colleges/Universities, Christian and secular, name buildings and schools after people. There is nothing wrong with that. Jesus' name does not have to be attached to every building in order for Him to recieve His rightful honor from that school's mission. Jesus gets honor by the school doing what He said to do.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Campbell University

Campbell University: Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law

http://law.campbell.edu/

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course I am sure you know why that is done.

I walked on the campus of a SBC university in Texas and read the horoscope in their newspaper. When I spoke to the president about it he told me that he had no control over that because non-Christians worked on the paper. I have also seen pictures of those who have given large sums of money to the university.

How many buildings and pictures have you seen of those who would be seen as the widow who gave her last amount of money?

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Shocking at best.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am not really sure what that has to do with naming buildings/programs after a person who has contributed to the schools mission. Many of the SBC Universities are not as conservative as the seminaries are.

==And?

==Universities/Seminaries, mainly large ones, cannot dedicate a building/school/program to everyone who gives money. Normally such dedications are reserved for those who have had a major impact on the school. That impact could be through giving which, btw, provides the funds the school needs to perform a service or that impact could be made through some sort of service to the school.