1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana Officials Could Lose the Blame Game

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No thanks. Propaganda Matrix is nothing but WorldNet Daily for liberals. I'm not going to tell you where I think these sites belong, but it rhymes with boilet.

I can get more accurate information from the likes of Michael Moore and Oliver Stone.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's gotta be the lamest and most warn out excuse for a rebuttal I have ever heard Carpro (and one of the fastest too I might add!) congratulations I thought I'd heard em all! [​IMG]

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No thanks. Propaganda Matrix is nothing but WorldNet Daily for liberals. I'm not going to tell you where I think these sites belong, but it rhymes with boilet.

I can get more accurate information from the likes of Michael Moore and Oliver Stone.
    </font>[/QUOTE]He says while head firmly implanted in the sand. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's gotta be the lamest and most warn out excuse for a rebuttal I have ever heard Carpro (and one of the fastest too I might add!) congratulations I thought I'd heard em all! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Is it your contention that local law enforcement in New Orleans performed their jobs extremely well , adequately, barely or miserably? I vote for miserably.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Look in the mirror. Perhaps someday you will repent for your insulting and demeanign attitude towards the brethren.

I'm not holding by breath, though.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm always the first to throw insults and demeaning attitudes around the board. :rolleyes:

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My what a quick study you are to go through all those Excutive orders, articles and mitigations to form your opinions. Amazing! Even Evelyn Wood would certainly be proud of you! </font>[/QUOTE]It isn't necessary.

All that is necessary is to know who is responsible for doing Emergency planning for a city as well as who is directly responsible for providing for the safety of the citizens of individual cities and states.

Hint: It ain't the President of the US.

If Bush is the biggest dirtbag who ever lived, it is still a fact that this mayor and governor and probably several before them didn't do their jobs.

The mayor failed to the point where school buses sat parked while poor people had no way to leave the city.

The mayor is doing the typical politician thing. He failed miserably in his job with catastrophic, tragic results... and now he has to find someone to blame. I am not sure the governor is even that bright yet.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're not the first. But you are a frequenter of them. The fact that it is done by others does not give you permission to do the same.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I totally agree with carpro. Lets wait for an investigation because I think that Bush did everything by the bureaucratic book congress tied his hands with. FEMA is not supposed to be a first responder. That is the job of the state and local officials.
    Could you imagine the outcry fron the democrats had George Bush had went right into New Orleans without the Governors OK and then nothing happened? He would be accused of violating the constitution. "Oh, there goes the ole Texas cowboy again".

PLEASE READ!

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

The news reported that last year the Mayor sent out preparedness CD's and they basicly told the "poor" folks it was their responsiblity to get to the shelters on their own. Now the mayor is hiding under Oprah's coatails. The real racism here is that if these folks were white and poor, Oprah and the rest would not be making visits and doing shows.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You're not the first. But you are a frequenter of them. The fact that it is done by others does not give you permission to do the same. </font>[/QUOTE]Your right Johnv. I have no excuse for my behavior. From now on I'm going to work real hard not to let people that avoid any and all pertinent information (no matter how well documented and proven to be true it is through historical study and the governments own admissions and documents) that might affect their total devotion and constant apolgetics for a thoroughly corrupt and unaccountable government be it local state or federal get to me.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I dunno about that. Oprah's other humanitarian efforts in the past have been devoid of race as an issue. I think that it's speculative to presume that race is an issue here just because most of the city happens to be blessed with more melanin.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhhh, okay. Apology accepted. I don't have a problem with you posting, even if I think the info might be questionable. In fact, I support you doing so, and letting others make up their own minds. I just get bent out of shape when personal attacks get infused. I think you know me well enough that you can rest assured I will be respectful of you. Disagree with your views, probably. But disresect you personally, that is not my intention.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The more information that comes out the more we discover how culpable Louisiana officials were and still are.

16. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

I think the new information places the primary blame on Kathleen Blanco (I voted for Bobby Jindal). She really messed up in a terrible way. She is still indecisive and it seems that Mayor Nagen and President Bush have took the bull by it's horns and Governer Blanco looks like a bystander.

The mayor I do think in a secondary sense must be blamed for not having proper security at the Superdome as well as the Governer. This is not to excuse President Bush. He has received some unfair criticism but I think he also hesitated and received some bad advice and the Homeland Security agency was too slow to give FEMA authority.

The primary responsibilty seems to be Governer Blanco.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only did she fail to make the "request" the law requires for most forms of federal assistance in a disaster ,the governor specifically refused to relinquish control of the evacuation to federal officials.

18. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The blame game is a stupid game in the first place. It's a game the appeals to the sinful nature of man. It's a game straight from teh pit of hell. Adam was the first to play the blame game, and look where it got us. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't suppose anyone here blamed President Clinton for anything.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think I've developed a reputation on this board for not basing blame or culpability based on a POTUS's political affiliation.

20. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is what we are hearing in Indianapolis about the situation in LA. We are also hearing that the Mayor could have used school buses and city buses took have gotten a lot of people out and that he failed to provide at the dome. Some people will never provide for themselves for various reasons.

The Wall Street Journal says that when the Department of Homeland Security came into being, which Bush first opposed and then agreed to, FEMA got put under the authority of Homeland Security and got reorganized under the new structure and lost some power and employees. They are saying that a barge broke loose and broke the levee. Evidently, the law stops the army's response without the permission of the local authorities, an act dating to the end of Reconstruction.

I think that it is pointless now to do anything except have a review of the way things are done and then see what can be done to make the methods better.

People here call it Dual Federalism. They say that it calls for the locals to act first and then call in the state and then the federal. The Federal government cannot be the first on the scene unless we want to continue in the path that FDR started and federalize everything, a step backwards, no?