1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Loving God.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by UMP, Aug 17, 2004.

1. UMP

UMP New Member

Is it not impossible for the child of God NOT to love God?
    Is it not impossible for the wicked, non child of God to love God?

Please show scripture to disprove these above statements.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Possible? Yes. But not likely, imo. Love is not an emotion. It's a decision. We decide to love God. (consider how, when we take a spouse, we make a decision to love them in our wedding vows.)

Yes, it's possible. How likely, I dunno. Loving God and accepting the gift of salvation are not symonymous. Members of the Jewish faith love God, for example.

3. UMP

UMP New Member

Possible? Yes. But not likely, imo. Love is not an emotion. It's a decision. We decide to love God. (consider how, when we take a spouse, we make a decision to love them in our wedding vows.)

Yes, it's possible. How likely, I dunno. Loving God and accepting the gift of salvation are not symonymous. Members of the Jewish faith love God, for example.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Remember, I said a CHILD OF GOD.
    and a WICKED, NON CHILD OF GOD.
    Bible text please.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, I got that.
    You asked for text to "disprove" your statements. I don't think you statements are "disprovable" via scripture.

5. UMP

UMP New Member

"You asked for text to "disprove" your statements. I don't think you statements are "disprovable" via scripture."

Ok, if that is the case (don't know for sure).
    Can I now suggest that those that go to hell WANT to go to hell even after they bow to Christ as Lord. If the wicked hate God, why would they want to worship Him all of eternity? The reason I bring this up is because an athiest asked me a very interesting question. He asked:

"after the wicked bow before God, would they not want to worship him after they truely "know" God? Would God send someone to hell even after judgement when the person wants to worship him"

If my original premise is correct, the wicked will NOT want to go to heaven, even after judgement. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think so. I think you're over-analyzing the concept. I see the smoke coming from you ears. Don't hurt yourself. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Brett

Brett New Member

Is it not impossible that you fail to not post double negatives?

They make my head hurt.

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you give scripture PROVING your assertions?

Did I miss it?

Did Lucifer "cease to Love God"?

Are those created directly BY God called "The Sons of God" in scripture? Angels, Adam, Eve?

Did they "fall"?

In falling did any of them "cease to love God"?

Does Matt 18 teach "forgiveness revoked"?

Apparently the answer is "yes" to all the above - EXCEPT the part where the question is asked as to whether you gave scripture supporting your assertions.

In Christ,

Bob

9. UMP

UMP New Member

LOL !!

10. UMP

UMP New Member

Did you give scripture PROVING your assertions? (Was it a statement? I was the one asking for scripture. I'm not asserting anything.)

Did I miss it? (yes, because I didn't)

Did Lucifer "cease to Love God"?( I would say yes)
    Are those created directly BY God called "The Sons of God" in scripture? Angels, Adam, Eve? (I think so)

Did they "fall"?(apparently)

In falling did any of them "cease to love God"?(Satan, I think so)

Does Matt 18 teach "forgiveness revoked"?(I don't think so, but I'll read it and maybe I'll get back with you)

Apparently the answer is "yes" to all the above - EXCEPT the part where the question is asked as to whether you gave scripture supporting your assertions. (Duke, I never asserted anything, and even if you think I did, I didn't)

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]

11. UMP

UMP New Member

I think so. I think you're over-analyzing the concept. I see the smoke coming from you ears. Don't hurt yourself. [​IMG] [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]The ear plugs stopped the smoke :)
    I'm just trying to figure out a way to answer the athiest's question.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've known a few atheists in my time, and these don't sound like questions they'd ask. Just my $.02.

13. UMP

UMP New Member

I've known a few atheists in my time, and these don't sound like questions they'd ask. Just my $.02. </font>[/QUOTE]What is your point?

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My point is that I think you're getting way too worked up over hypotheticals that someone who's not a believer may or may not ask. A worthy task, but I think you're thinking too hard [​IMG] . Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow, and let tomorrow worry about itself. He also says to let the dead bury their own dead. In other words, don't worry about what an atheist might ask. Whatever they ask will be answered with the Holy Spirit's help at the time of the Spirit's choosing.

15. UMP

UMP New Member

My point is that I think you're getting way too worked up over hypotheticals that someone who's not a believer may or may not ask. A worthy task, but I think you're thinking too hard [​IMG] . Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow, and let tomorrow worry about itself. He also says to let the dead bury their own dead. In other words, don't worry about what an atheist might ask. Whatever they ask will be answered with the Holy Spirit's help at the time of the Spirit's choosing. </font>[/QUOTE]John,
    I'm not worried. All I'm trying to do is learn more about God. I find much comfort and peace in the wisdom and knowledge of God.
    However, I'm sure there are certain things I simply cannot understand, here in this life on earth.
    Maybe this is one of them.