1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LS/Calvinism: Two Errors, One Departure

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

:confused: :confused:

Show me where I have ever asked for a no Christ gospel. :confused:
    NEVER

I can show you on this board and on Lou's blog where he says or he agrees with others that says something like....

"One does not need to have Christ lord of their life..."

I made this large print, only so you can read clear. (I'm not raising my voice)

No lord.....is Lordless.....

Thus a "No Lord Gospel". Why fight with me over this? No one can deny it.

Why are you so mad over this? This is what you are asking for....right?:confused:

#41 Jarthur001, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it "saying something like this", how you wrongly perceive it, or is your quote (what you actually put quotations around) from an actual source? Supply your exact quote from Lou's blog, or from any non LS'er for that matter. Me thinks James is playing the strawman game again. Either supply your quote, or retract it.

3. Lou Martuneac

Lou Martuneac New Member

Web:

He can't! "Something like...?" And my integrity is called into question? I'm not going to worry about this.

Anyway, here is the link to the 38 articles I have written on Lordship Salvation. I invite all to read every one of them and find a place where I divorce the Lord from His Lordship.

The crux of the Lordship Salvation controversy is that LS conditions salvation upon a lost man commitment to forsake sin, his resolve to stop sinning and live in obedience to the Lordship of Christ.

Genuine salvation should be followed by a genuine desire to serve and live for the LORD Jesus Christ. The problem with LS, which makes it works, is that the lost are told they must make a commitment to, show a resolve to “turn from sin” to BECOME a Christian.

That is promising future works FOR salvation!

It is never biblical to make the results of salvation the requirement FOR salvation, which is what Lordship does and is therefore a works based, non-saving message that frustrates grace (Gal. 2:21).

LM

#43 Lou Martuneac, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008