1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luis Palau outrages Chinese House Churches

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Kiffen, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes that is Shamefull. I wonder if his attitude might change if the roles were reversed?

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is shameful. We should always support those suffering for Christ. Furthermore, add Palau to the long list of those who come over to Asia and after just a few days think they know exactly what is going on.

China is a very complex culture with over 50 people groups in it, 3000 years of recorded history and over a billion people. For an American to come over thinking he's got it all figured out without years of study, thought and dealing with the people is arrogant.

Palau should have come over to Asia with humility and many questions. A news crew the other day from much-maligned ABC actually visited a house church and found out far more than Palau, concluding that they were actually persecuted by the government. :(

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Rather than shameful, I might label it misinformed. Luis Palau has been for many years a great evangelist to Spanish speaking nations and peoples and to the world at large. He would never make statements like this if he were properly informed. He has a heart for the lost. We attended the same church back in the 70's so I knew a bit of his ministry.