1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luke 22:3--Judas

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by menageriekeeper, Mar 27, 2005.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

As I was studying for my Sunday School lesson this morning I came across this verse. It raised the question in my mind as to how/whether Judas was possessed by Satan in the same way other examples in the Bible(Mary Magdalene, the guy in Luke 8:27, etc)

IF Judas was truely possessed by Satan does that make him any less responsible for his actions? In either could/did Judas have had any idea of exactly what his actions were going to result in?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

He is still responsible for his action---Jesus said---He who hath delivered Me up to you hath the greater sin.

I believe that Judas was aware of Roman law---and he also was aware of the little skeem the Pharasees and Saducees were pulling to turn him over to the Romans---I believe that Judas understood what ultimately happens to people who fall victim to Rome!!

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Satan could only possess Judas or go into him because Judas had made that possible by his act of agreeing to betray Jesus. So, yes, he was responsible for all his actions.