1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luke 22:44

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

If it had occurred, I believe that Luke would have known about it and told us about it, but he didn't. He described instead something entirely different.

[​IMG]

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it had occurred, I believe that Luke would have known about it and told us about it, but he didn't. He described instead something entirely different.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]You are correct...Luke probably never heard of hematidrosis 2000 years ago. I'm sure there were plenty of medical discoveries that weren't known yet. I wonder when hematidrosis was first discovered and diagnosed as such? I'm guessing it was sometime after Jesus' death. This makes perfect sense that Luke was describing Jesus sweating as if the sweat coming from Him were drops of blood, since he did not know of the medical condition.