1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luke 9:4-5

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by frozencell, Mar 22, 2004.

1. frozencell

frozencell Guest

"Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there. And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them."

It is very obvious that I am not welcome here as I am disrupting your self-congratulatory parties. I shake your dust from my feet. I am sorry I could not soften your hearts, and I will always pray for you.

2. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

Frozencell, What was your purpose for being here?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Frozencell,
    You are a Catholic on a Baptist Board. Many Catholics have recently been banned from this board for advertising Catholicism and trying to proseletize. You said:
    If by that statement you have been trying to proseletize those that are here then you also should be banned, and have no right to be here in the first place. I too ask you "What was your purpose for being here?"
    DHK

4. frozencell

frozencell Guest

My purpose was debate and discussion, not ridicule and obstinance. If you think I should be banned then by all means recommend it to the webmaster or whoever.

5. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

I think that many here are really afraid, especially since we have had so many Catholics that can think and defend their faith. It probably caught many offguard. Just my observation.

In Christ,
    Neal

6. Yelsew2

Yelsew2 New Member

From your opening post is sounded like you came here to proselytize, and became disenchanted because no one was going for your bait.

You are as welcome here as anyone to debate and discuss essentially anything related to religion. So don't get too upset if someone ruffles your feathers. This BBS being a public forum is not church! So your ideas of what happens in church don't necessarily apply in a public BBS. This is more like what people do when outside the sanctuary of a church. Some talk with their arms flailing, some raise their volumn levels, some pout and stew over what is said, etc. But as long as we behave gentlemenly and ladylike none of that matters. I doubt many who post here know each other face to face anyway!

So by all means Join in, stay!

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

The Baptist Board is not for the thin-skinned. I guess if you cant take the heat find another board to post on. As for me I love the passionate debate. It strengthens my faith. But dont lump all us Baptists together. Some are ignoramuses like myself but most are very civil.

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I say this respectfully, but did Carson Weber get banned? My guess is yes because he used to say that some Baptist's were joining the group in Steubenville, Ohio.

I thought myself that he was getting 'beaten up on' by we non-Catholics. His system of religion is indefensible at many points of their add-on theology, with the traditions of the Magisterium. He seems like a bright young man but had swallowed Catholicism, 'hook, line and sinker,' and if we had two Bibles that were under Divine inspiration, he still would not change his mind, except, if he bowed to Jesus' words and to the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit.

Let's pray for him and the other misled persons who would rather bow to the Pope than to Jesus Christ and His wonderful words of truth and life. The seeds have been sown.

I wondered if the seminary or training center in Ohio had told them not to bother with our perception of them, because we were so mighty in our words.

I believe in Luke 9:3-5 and it is a serious portion of Scripture when the Lord says in effect, move on to another city or other people.

9. frozencell

frozencell Guest

I agree. But some are not acting this way at all.

But didn't Jesus say to act as a Christian at all times, just not in church? This may not be a church, but outsiders do and will base their perception of said "church-goers" on things they see here. I know that not all people are like some on here, but someone new to the idea of Christianity may not have such a grounded mindset.

10. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Lie. Absolute lie.

In Christ,
    Neal

11. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

I invite you over to the $64,000 question thread to explain in detail how it is that you know your words to be so mighty. [​IMG]

You seem to make a great deal over your education.

Perhaps you are convinced that your beliefs are correct because you are so personally knowledgeable? [​IMG]