1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luther Rice Distance Learning Program

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Paul1611, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

I have spoken to a few brothers in Christ who attended Luther Rice Seminary when it was in Jacksonville Florida. All these brothers highly recommended the Seminary but didnt know anything about their distant learning program. Would anyone here recommend their distant learning program?

Also if anyone here has been through their distant learning program would you please let me know? I have a few more questions I would like to ask. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Paul

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

Paul,

I studied with Luther Rice back in the '80s and early 90's, earning two degrees there. However, a lot has changed with their medium of teaching. I think they utilize DVD's and the internet a great deal now, but I may be misinformed.

I would encourage you to contact the seminary and ask to speak with one of the profs. Go to their web site, look over the faculty, and find one which specializes in an area of your interest. I'm certain they would be very helpful.

As far as my interaction went, I found the seminary to be very profitable for my own training, but it did require a lot of work.

Blessings,
    Bill

3. GARick

GARick New Member

Paul,

I just completed an MA at Luther Rice this past May. The distance courses are delivered via blackboard.com exclusively. Both MA and MDiv degrees can be completed entirely via the distance format but I would not recommend that. The other option is one-week module formats offered in January and throughout the summer, these provide a reasonable opportunity to be on campus and interact with professors/fellow students live. I completed 36 hours distance and 9 hours on campus; I suggest that as a minimum and will up the ratio myself if I continue on to the MDiv at some point.

You can access the catalog online at www.lru.edu (the name is now Luther Rice University) or feel free to contact me at [email protected] with specific questions.

Rick