1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luther Scholar Made Archbishop of USA's Greek Orthodox

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerome, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Announcement Regarding the Election of His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros (Lambriniadis) of America, Most Honorable Exarch of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans

"May 11, 2019, under the presidency of His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the Holy and Sacred Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate deliberated and elected Metropolitan Elpidophoros (Lambriniadis) of Bursa and Exarch of Bithynia as the new Archbishop of America."

Dissertation (2009): "Luther’s Ninety-five Theses: Historical and Theological Aspects. Text - Translation - Commentary."

"In March 2011, he was elected Metropolitan of Bursa and in August of the same year was appointed Abbot of the Holy Patriarchal and Stavropegial Monastery of the Holy Trinity on the island of Halki. He has served as Orthodox Secretary of the Joint International Commission for the Theological Dialogue between the Orthodox Church and the Lutheran World Federation"

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Touching Moment at Archbishop Elpidophoros’ Enthronement at the Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in New York on June 22

"the Archbishop entered the church and before ascending to the Archieratical Throne, he bowed and kissed his mother’s Nantima hand, and she reciprocated by kissing his while tears came to her eyes."

"when asked how she felt about the unanimous election and enthronement of her son as Archbishop of America, she said 'on one hand I am very happy, but on the other hand I am sorry, because I will leave and leave my son here.' She added that 'but I glorify God because here he is in good hands'."

greek orthodox - Copy.jpg

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of Hannah leaving Samuel:
    Well, except for the linen ephod & little coat part. Looks like this guy's attire consists of stuff like elaborate gold embroidered capes, brocade, etc.