1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lWhen did the Old Testament end?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ituttut, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello kyredneck. I'm taking out tomorrow morning, and am back after Thanksgiving. Have a Happy one. This will give you time to delve closely into His Word.

Luke 13:6-9, "He spake also this parable; a certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
    7. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
    8. And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
    9. And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down."

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

freeatlast can we notice that today God does not deal, or talk directly to man (other than His Word) as He did in the OT, and NT? Prophecy has stopped today, but will pick-up on the other side of the Rapture. Jesus fulfilled His Part, and did all of the works required. There is still prophecy to be fulfilled, and it will be in its time.

Scripture tells us something new happened, and is now in the act of playing out.

3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

All the work for the various covenants has been fulfilled, yet all has not yet come about for God will do this in His Time. Israel is no longer under a schoolmaster, and not being taught to try and live under the Law. Israel could not keep their end of the bargain for it is impossible for any man to do so.

Jesus Christ has taken care of that already as far as we are concerned for we are dead to the Law. All things will pass away, including heaven and earth, but not His Words from heaven and earth.

4. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Kyredneck,
    You wrote:
    From what you write you assume the "old covenant (old earth) passed away in 70 AD"...as if "ALL THINGS THAT ARE WRITTEN WERE FULFILLED" at that time. Jesus stated the "days of vengeance against Israel would continue until the times of the Gentiles are finished". Luke 21:24. For the literal restoration of the nation of Israel awaits both the "end of Gentile times and the fullness of the Gentiles" for their understanding of the removal of the OLD Covenant that is still "about to vanish". Because Israel continues in a state of blindness! Heb.8:13; 2 Cor.3:14.

The word of the Lord requires that "the fullness of the Gentiles be realized before All Israel" can be saved and thus become beneficiaries of the NEW
    Covenant. This is a "Mystery". Rom.11:25-26. The "vail" still remains before their eyes and so they are not yet participants
    in the "fulfillment of all things that are written". Therefore they must wait until both HOUSES of Ephraim and Judah reunite as
    "one stick" under the Kingship of Messiah AT HIS SC!! Ezek.37:14-28.

Your solution to the "end of time" fails to recognize the "restoration of all things awaits the return of Jesus from heaven to complete all things that are written". Acts 3:19-21. The next reality on the horizon is a global System to which you refer as having been destroyed in AD 70...Babylon the Great. The Mideast situation demands a "peace" that requires the administration
    of that global System for a "short time"...before the 1260-Day Endtime can begin!!!
    Mel

5. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Friends,

Our member, Ituttut, opened this thread and now challenges us with this:
    My Response:
    "All things written to be fulfilled" during the OLD Testament Dispensation of Law were completed at the climax of Daniel's 69th set of "7" when Christ rode into Jerusalem hailed as King and was crucified five days later on Nisan 14. Since Christ died, blessings of the NEW Dispensation of God's Grace have been extended to Gentile nations..."until Gentile times are finished"!
    Luke 21:22-24.

The final day of 69 sets of "7" (173,880 days), counting from Sunday, Nisan 9 of 444 BC to Sunday, Nisan 9 of 33 AD, was Palm Sunday. Jesus identified that Day as the "day of visitation which Israel did not recognize"...though the 69th set of "7" ended with both Zech.9:9 and Dan.9:26A fulfilled on that Day, Nisan 9. And then Lev.23:5 was fulfilled five days "after that Day" according to Daniel...on Friday, Nisan 14 of AD 33. (Nisan 14 of AD 33 was also 173,880 days from Nisan 14 of 444 BC so that Passover occurred exactly 69 times on a Friday in 476 years). Jesus wept because the "days of vengeance" on His people would include the Temple's destruction in AD 70!! Luke 19:41-44.

The events of the "last days" concern this Dispensation of Grace in which Israel remains under God's judgment...while Jesus remains in heaven until
    the "times to restore all things". The "times" involve OT and NT prophecies required for the "reunion and restoration of Israel and Judah as one stick... never again to be separated as two nations under God's Judgment. Joel
    promises that God will "relent and rescue" the remnant He has chosen to
    embrace Messiah when He is revealed...on "the Day of His Apocalypse"!!!
    Luke 17:30-33; Luke 21:25-36.
    Mel Miller of www.lastday.net.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

By the same and only Covenant by which anyone is saved: The Covenant of Sovereign Grace!

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I see ituttut is still attempting to spread the heresy of two Gospels!

8. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

OldRegular wrote:
    I have wondered why Ituttut has not responded to this offhanded remark.
    What have I missed that gives rise to this accusation of "heresy"?
    Mel Miller

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

[/QUOTE]
    How can you reconcile your above with biblical truth that a Gentile was not saved into the Body of Christ until after Damascus Road?
    I do believe something is amiss within what you have written above. We do make a grave error when we believe what man has decreed. Nissan 14 could not be on a Friday when Jesus was crucified. This assertion directly refutes what Jesus tells us.
    What is said in this paragraph, only confirms what I have said before, viz. Prophecy has stopped but will pick up on the other side of our being caught up into the air to be with Him.

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Happy to see you can still understand what I am saying, but regret you still have difficulty in understanding what Paul points out to you. Peter speaks to this very point in his second book.

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Mel, old friend, the answer can be found in His Word, which should one come across a post of mine, will find all I do is apply what I learned many years ago in Business College. Can a compedent Lawyer defend, or prosecute; or a reporter inform without knowing what to ask, and finding out who, when, where, why, and How it all happenned?