1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MacArthur on the Purpose Driven Life

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need calling another poster "stupid" or "not so smart". That gets nowhere.

I've looked over the last couple pages and cannot see what the issue is here.

Man's genuine regeneration is demonstrated (a consequence of the effect) in action of repentance and faith. Can't see anyone saying you have to WORK to "become" saved; that would be false works salvation (pelagian heresy).

God saves and God declares man righteous. Man, if so declared, will respond with works. The converse is thus: If he has no works, he is not truly righteous.

The error comes where you or I make a list of what "works" we want to see to demonstrate this unseen internal righteous status. The works GOD wants (and always has) are both also internal and not for me to judge - repentance and faith.

I've been fooled more than once by people I thought were regenerate because they fulfilled MY expectations. God isn't fooled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.