1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mad Magazine Gets In On The Donald Trump Action

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    Mad magazine has been making fun of politicians for more than 60 years. But even for the nation’s longest-running satirical magazine, presumptive GOP nomineeDonald Trump presents a historic opportunity for irreverence.

Mad has agreed to let The Huffington Post debut its August cover as part of HuffPost’s new political cartooning project. The issue will be available digitally on June 3, and will hit newsstands June 14.

“Many people have wondered if Trump has any intelligent ideas in his head,” John Ficarra, Mad’s editor-in-chief, told HuffPost. “Our cover answers that question once and for all.”

Ficarra added that the magazine plans to make available a poster of the Trump cover with the slogan “Make America Dumb Again.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-mad-magazine_us_574dd1e4e4b0757eaeb0c134

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not too familiar with Mad Magazine. Based on what I do know about it, Trump in the White House will be like four years of lottery wins for their writers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mad is and has always been a great magazine of satire and, surprisingly to some, has survived all these years. When I was in college just about everyone, at least all the guys, read and laughed when reading "Mad Magazine." I remember the great humor they year Alfred E. Newman ran for president. Even in satire he made a lot more sense then our current candidates.[​IMG]

The long running cartoon "Spy vs. Spy". was great. In fact I believe it still runs, after at least 50 years, in the magazine. [​IMG]

Maybe I should subscribe to Mad again. Laughter is good for our health.

#3 Crabtownboy, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1