1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Major Forum Upgrade This Weekend

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AndrewT, May 23, 2006.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey guys,

When I stated doing doctoral work in 1997 I was using an old 4MB lap top my wife's company had used for training and had thrown away. I used an old Okidata dot-matrix printer that was as big as a brontosaurus that struck twice on each line. Now that is old.

It took about 30 minutes to print out a 30 pp. grad paper.

What an antique!!! LOL!

The thing of it was, I learned how and it got me by.

sdg!

rd

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about that!

rd

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

methinks rhet's still using that machine to post... :D

4. RN4CHRIST

RN4CHRIST New Member

When will the upgrade begin? I am on several vBulletin sites and they are nice. Faster speeds and more options. It adds extra dimention to the community of a site. Good choise!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You were fortunate.
    In high school I learned to type on "manual typewriters" and was fortunate enough to have an electric typewriter for college. Correcting mistakes was a pain.
    My first computer was a commodore 64 which ran with a cassette tape.
    DHK

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

My first computer was a TI-99,with a whopping 16k of memory.

7. DaveHarper

DaveHarper New Member

MY first computer was an NEC laptop that weighed about 10lbs and had no internal hard drive but ran on 1.44 floppies with 2mb of memory. I used it for over three years and it also got me by..
    Dave Harper

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

My first computer was an Abacus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Looks Great

The new format looks great....Thanks Webmaster.

Bro Tony

10. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Looks pretty snazzy Andy. :)

11. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

I sort of like it--been on forums with this format before. However, all my PMs and buddy list are gone. My last visit date says 12-31-1969. I am assuming that there are ALOT of bugs to fix here. All in all, I think it looks nice.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I liked they "View Recent Posts" feature on the old system.

13. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I like this new format. It will take some time to get used to, and there are a few bugs to fix, but it's pretty snazzy!!

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Sorry Webmaster but this new fourm is too hard for me to read. Could you please tell me what type of board the Baptist Board was using? I will have to find one like we previously used so I can read it. Thank you and kind reguards~ Music4Him

BTW, am I the only one here who is having a problem reading the small writing on the threads?

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

The "old" program has served you (and all) well. The "new" no doubt will be even better. So with the "covenants", and so with these "programs". They both take a little time for a complete change over.

Thanks for all your work and efforts for His Name's Sake.

Christian faith, ituttut

16. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I know this is not the appropriate place for debate, but wish to answer in the setting given.

Hello Pastor Smith. I for many years believed the same things as we Baptist's tend to believe. We are a "cut" above all other denominations. But upon examination of what we do in our worship, I find we (all protestants, and others) still cling to the skirts of the Mother church. She controls the world, and we follow along.

We all know Christmas and Easter is from her that is of idol worship. There are so few that won't join the crowd and worship on the days of the God's of this world. The God's of the Pagan world demanded the "religious" church observe their God's celebration days, else they would not make "covenant" to join Her. The religious church was after Numbers, and more Numbers, and she would get them, even if selling her soul.

Even though we are not the nation of Israel, but in the Body of Christ, I believe God still requires us not to have any other God to worship. The seat on His right side was reserved, and is now occupied. God doesn't want us bringing our own god's to sit beside Him two days out of the year. The two days of worship by man, at mans insistence, are unwanted by Him. Nowhere in His Word can we find other than "do this in remembrance of me". We are as "Eve", as we "add" to His Words. It is Our will that we worship on "pagan" holidays…..Not His. This is a little matter to us now, but at our rewards, it will be huge.

Christian faith, ituttut

17. standingfirminChrist

Music4Him,
    If you have a scroll mouse, you can hold down your left ctrl button on the keyboard and scroll up or down with the mouse wheel to increase or decrease font size.

As to the new look, I am not impressed so far. I click links that are supposed to take you one place and they take you to another. Hope this gets fixed soon.

In Christ,
    Brother Ron

18. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Perhaps it will help to set your "display" in the Control Panel to a smaller "screen resolution" under "settings", the last listing at the top of the box.

19. RN4CHRIST

RN4CHRIST New Member

When you change over from one system to another, there will be bugs and temporary problems, but usually those get resolved within a short period of time. I have faith that the webmaster will get this place in tip top shape soon.:)

20. AndrewT

AndrewT <b>Webmaster</b>

Hello,

Please take time to report the bugs in the Bug Forum at the top of the page. This was a major upgrade and we will be ironing out bugs for a while to come.

Thanks for your patience...

THanks
    Andrew