1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Major Forum Upgrade This Weekend

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AndrewT, May 23, 2006.

1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Just exactly what are subscriptions and how do they work? Please, explain in a "Idiots Guide to..." or "...for Dummies" manner as I have not yet figured out if I am an idiot or a dummy. I have a friend...well, an EX friend now :laugh: who tells me not to worry about it because I am both.

2. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Plain and simple, threads that you've posted to. :D

and can even, when you post, tell the board to send you an e-mail, when a reply is posted after yours. it's kinda neat. :type:

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

4. Keith_Hodges

Keith_Hodges New Member

I'm new here, and this is my first post. I have a lot of experience with php and MySQL related applications, if I can be of any service to this board. I've never messed with VBulletin as far as installing or repairing, but it can't be any different than working on phpbb, php Nuke, Nuke Platinum, SMF, or any of the other popular free bulletin boards. It's all still php and a database. I own and operate several sites, including futurenuke.com. I feel it's time for me to put my experience to work helping with the Lord's work. Feel free to send me a pm or e-mail if you'd like my help. :smilewinkgrin:

5. DMo224

DMo224 New Member

IMHO, vBulletin is absolutely the best forum software available today. If you haven't used it, it's fairly intuitive and offers more options than any other software. It may take a little time to get used to, but it will be well worth it.

I've worked on forums for quite awhile, and like vB the best. And I've worked with vB 2.x.x to the present version (still working on one old version and trying to get the owner to upgrade).

Anyway, once everyone gets used to the change, I believe you'll love it.

Congrats on the upgrade!

6. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Behold! Another New Feature

I guess this is new. I found it by accident. When looking at a list of threads, if you put the top of your cursor on the line above a thread's title, a flag pops up displaying the first couple of lines of the first post :thumbsup:

It works anywhere along that line, not only above the words in the thread's title.

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yep. Love the easy access to subscribed threads and the checkmarks indicating which ones I am participating in. I always had difficulty finding the threads I was interested in with the old system.

Other boards I participate in use the vBulletin system so I'm already familiar with the controls and have always loved the easy to use Insert Link button since I like to source a lot of stuff in my posts.

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'd like to know why, when I go on with my t-mobile phone browser, when I'm in the list of "Christian Debate Forums"; when I click on one, instead of going to the list of threads, it takes me to this page:

The topic name is in bold, but is not a clickable link. I basically have to go back to the topic list, click the lastest post, and then from that page click the topic.

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Changing Font Size

At the top of each page, under the Members List heading, under the "Welcome, <UserName?", under last visited, under number of private messages is "Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%' Click on one of the last three.

Likewise, on the bottom of the page on the left is a drop-down box with, probably, "-- Steellblue " chosen. You can choose "== Steelblue Bigger 10%" etc.

10. Brother_Joey_Gowdy

Brother_Joey_Gowdy New Member