1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Majority in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by TCGreek, May 19, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes. But, how does a person who only "professes" faith (but doesn't really have faith) turn away from that faith? You have to have actual faith in order to abandon it.

If the Bible says that people turn away or abandon the faith, that sounds to me like they onced believed but now they don't.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

It doesn't say "they used to be of us, but now they're not". But it wasn't made manifest that they were "not of us" until they left.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ok. Thanks. :)

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

And the lady wins the prize! To claim your set of beautiful Alaska vacation guides, send your name and address to the number on your screen!

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh:
    Hey, where's the number?

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

We all know that we can debate the preservation of the people of God all week. I am content to live with the tensions of Scripture. I see warnings, which to me speaks to the tension of Scripture.

On the one hand we have the sovereignty of God and on the other hand, we have our human responsibility, yet the Scripture says that Salvation is wholly of the Lord, who gets the glory in all things.

As long as person has been elected by God, that person can never lose his or her salvation. Yes, the warnings do apply, but such only speak to the tensions of Scripture that I am willing to live with.

Soli Deo Gloria.

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

But, what are the warnings?

Is there ever a warning given that you can lose your salvation?

Is there ever a warning given that a saved person can go to the lake of fire forever and ever?

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Whatever the warnings might be, one thing that I am certain of: the sheep of Jesus, to whom he has given eternal life will never perish (John 10). The warnings of Scripture only underline our human responsibility. Our salvation must not be treated lightly, hence, the heresy of antinomianism.

9. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

The question could be put as how many of the souls that God created, did He make a mistake with.
    From Perfection comes Perfection. God is Perfect therefore there are no imperfect souls therefore all souls are destined for Heaven.
    I hope.
    Thank God.

Regards
    DL