1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Make Mine Tea, and drop the GOP...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Feb 17, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been very interested in the growing discussions, and debates, as the GOP hierarchy works to gain control of the Tea Party movement. It is rather amusing, to me, that they are trying to convince the Tea Party movement not to become the nation's third party.

The truth is: I'm not so sure that a third party option in America would be so bad. I know, there are those who would argue that there is already a third party [the Independents], but, the GOP, the Democrats, and the (few) Independents seem to be "clogging up the forward motion" of this great democracy. Nobody in DC seems to be able to do anything but argue with each other, as they try to seal their own [party] legacy in history.

At least the Tea Party provides, those of us who have become disenchanted with the "politics as usual crowd," with a new, fresh choice to get this nation moving forward again. The Tea Party appears to have the energy needed to get America moving in a direction that is for the good of the people who live, work and die here.

IMHO, I would like to see the Tea Party enter the political arena by doing more than holding rallies all around the country. The time to "step up to the plate" is now; even if it means that they start out taking control of local government by entering their candidates in city and municipal councils.

After all, city mayorship is where Palin got her start in politics, and if the Tea Party wanted to test the water, so to speak, they could utilize their grass-root votes, and be more than a "civil mega-phone" for a better, more proactive government.

If this movement wants to see change in America, it will have to come from within their ranks. It will have to come from the very people who are instigating these rallies to change the political complexion of a stale, stall-out government.

I vote for the Tea Party to leave the GOP and the Democrats to be picked apart and eaten by the "buzzards-of-a-time-now-forgotten." If this movement, and the masses of decent folks are truly sincere about their concern for the direction of this nation, their hope of seeing real change does not lay within a candidate from either party. Obama has proved to most of us, that we need more than a "mouth-piece with clever sayings." We need a new spirit and direction to get us back on the map!

America needs to complete this political revolution while it still has something to revolt for. The clock is ticking, and the point-of-no-return for America's greatness is nigh!

So, as I stated in the title of this post: "Make mine Tea, not the GOP" or the Independents, or the Dem's, or any other individual or group that covertly stands for corruption, big government, and taxing the people to the point of desperation and financial ruin.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

While I may not agree with every aspect of the Tea Party, and would not be a Palin supporter, I would generally agree with the tenor of this post.

The Demopublicans (or Republicrats) need a shake up. They have been allowed to govern without real regard to the people for decades, maybe since the 30's. Their stranglehold has made the American Republic a glimmer of what it once was. That needs to be broken, and though I would not be a pure Tea Partian (?) I see that this might me the chance.

Since 'all politics is local' I think the best strategy is to strike while the iron is hot and concentrate on the US House of Representatives. If even 20-30 Tea Partyists (? - looking for a new word here :) ) could win at that level both parties would be forced to deal with them.

While I see your point about mayorships and city councils, I think those who are looking for change need to make a bold step and strike while the opportunity is there. Not, in my opinion because everything they say is right, but because the Republicrats would be forced to wake up and listen to the people.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We Can Agree...

I would like to see them take on Congress, too! I just didn't want to scare them with big politics. I do believe that there are the votes needed for them to do as you suggest. 20 to 30 Congressional seats is not out of the realm of possibility.

Great response. I hope the Tea Partian's get the message before it's to late! :wavey: