1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Makes the long lines worth it. Go TSA

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Oct 16, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I will no longer get mad at the slow airport security. These guys earned every nickel we put into this program.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jSZeRgDZ5K9clIfgTtCGLXDonlQgD93RTCPG0

2. billwald

billwald New Member

In his luggage????? And they had to evacuate 500 people????? Lots faster to move the luggage. If the handling didn't set it off odd are more handling would not set it off.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I just flew in from San Antonio this evening and I brought this up to one of the TSA guys. I was thinking a little like you. He said they are not allowed to touch it. They have to evacuate the people and let the police bomb disposal unit take care of the suspect item.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am all for valid security measures. But lets use some common sense as well.

Last time I flew (about 6 years ago) I set the beeper off. Come to find out it was simply my tie clasps. Instead of taking it off, and going thru walk-thru again, I had to go thru the entire extended security system.
    Ridiculous.:tonofbricks:

Salty

ps, my train trip to Fla this past summer was wonderful:thumbs:

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therein lies 99.99% of the problems with government involvement in anything -- NO COMMON SENSE!!!!

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That was over reacting a bit with those "random" full screenings. I am glad to say I haven't seen them lately, they now have a booth type deal that snifs for explosives etc... My watch battery died so I had taken it off and put it in my pocket. Guess what kept setting off the beeper?

This poor woman in front of me, she just about needed a dressing room...