1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Making abortion "normal"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It doesn't seem common for me to find people who do not have some shame/regret over having an abortion, but this one certainly takes on that view. Her talk with the soul she believes waited for her to be ready, rather than using the body being created inside her at that time, makes me wonder if she used the concept to come to terms with aborting the child. There is more information and discussion from her in some of the links included on her page:

Here is the link: http://www.thisismyabortion.com/

Seven years ago, I interviewed a few anonymous people/couples to get their take on the abortions they or their partner went through. Some were not believers at the time, others were after. I didn't use everyone's interview, so don't remember which ones were who in the essay. Here is the link to my article on abortion: http://literaryworks.blogspot.com/2005/12/abortion-essay.html

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Years ago I did some research about abortion. I came across much of what the pro abortion folks are saying today. But I must have come across a few dozen females who went with the old Jewish teaching that it wasn't a life until there was a live birth. That I had never heard before that time and don't hear much about it today. Today the main thing I hear is it is my body.
    I have talked to many females who have great regret over their past abortions and some who seem to not care.