1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maldives - Be still my heart!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We get the bioluminescence regularly off the boat but it's just little spots of glowing light that go out quickly. That is WAY cool!!

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

There are a few things that I would love to see in person, and that is one of them! I'd also like to see foxfire, as I've heard about it from my dad and grandparents. Maybe someday! :)

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

GWEN! I haven't seen it major like the pics, and had to look up the name to see what you meant, and now I know it's not insanity! "The mushrooms on that log are glowing." ...ROFL I kept that one very very quiet and to myself. Oh my goodness. Go over in the morning, nothing, poke them, whistle and walk away when asked "whatcha doing?"
    Never camped since. Possessed mushrooms in a forest and all...here I thought I read too much and my mind was too active, and the problem is not having read enough. *sigh*

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is very beautiful. A friend of mine is a sailor and he says he has been to sea for over 4 decades, scenes like that never fail to be special.....I would dearly love to see the night sky from a ship in the middle of the ocean .....

I had a cousin living in the Maldives with her husband, it is a very Islamic country and there is no opportunity for those who are not Islamic to worship...I understand it caused some concerns for her and her daughters. The marriage ultimately went under as her husband was Muslim.