1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MALLEUS MALEFICARUM | The Witch Hammer

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Rakka Rage, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Wicasta Lovelace’s supposed translation gives me the creeps. I prefer not to even go into Wicca sites and have never been directed to one on a Christian board. Here is some information from the Catholic Encyclopedia.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15674a.htm

3. MikeS

MikeS New Member

So what is your point? If you draw a conclusion, explain it to us. Then we can discuss it. Otherwise you're just indulging in a Catholics-bad! moment.

4. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

5. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Aha...

"Estimates of the death toll during the Inquisition worldwide range from 600,000 to as high as 9,000,000 (over its 250 year long course)"

Well, the current scholarly estimates for the Spanish Inquisition (the bloodiest) are 3000-5000 over 400 years. So, these are fabricated numbers intended for anti-Catholic or anti-Christian propaganda, and/or they result from the gross error of assuming that all those burned as witches were sentenced under the Inquisition.

Either way, the best current estimates of "witch" victims in Europe and America over a 400 year period is 30,000-50,000, not 600,000 to 9,000,000.

Something to ponder: 3000-5000 is about the number of babies aborted in the US every single day!

6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Nope. I just read about it from the Catholic Encyclopedia site. That was enough for me.