1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man of God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Apr 17, 2017.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears in scripture that God always had, "a," man of God, specific to the kings of Judah and or Israel for inquiring concerning, thus says the Lord.

If that be so, what, currently living, man of God, would each of you like for President Trump to call upon concerning, thus says the Lord?

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We would first have to assume that God still has a "Man of God" that speaks for Him (a Prophet) today, which I personally do not, viewing that as a particular ministry during previous Ages. That does not mean that I do not think that God speaks to men through men today, but, I believe that this is based entirely on the Word of God and Revelation which He has provided to us. In other words, God will use men within the capacity of their understanding, and due to the fact that no man has full knowledge or is free from error about something, there would need to be a council of advisors, rather than one man advising Trump in regards to the Will of God, and how that relates to ongoing events. If it were one man, then there would be no trying of the spirits, or testing of the doctrine, which would temper the advice given.

Having said all that, lol, if it were one man that had to be chosen for a specific office, then my vote would be for John MacArthur. While I do not agree with every position he holds, he is still someone that I think would minister based on a Biblical approach, meaning he would himself seek council or do the necessary homework in order to best advise in any given situation.

God bless.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your first paragraph, that God I doesn't think operate that way any longer.

And the object of the post was your later paragraph. Just wondering who people would see in that light.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1