1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man walks 30 miles to court in freezing temperatures, I doubt he expected the officer

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Georgia police officer is being commended for a favor he did Tuesday morning for a man that walked nearly 30 miles over eight hours to court in freezing temperatures.

According to WSB-TV, a Fulton County man, only identified as “James,” walked 29 miles to court on the coldest day of the year in two decades for a traffic citation.

Temperatures plunged to just 6 degrees, with a wind chill making the air feel like minus 10, but James, reportedly afraid that if he did not show up a warrant would be issued for his arrest, still made the long trek — leaving his house at 1 a.m. to be on time.

“No way to get up there, so I walked,” James told WSB-TV, adding that his car was totaled in an accident and saying he didn’t have the money for a bus or cab.

“As soon as the air hit my lungs it took my breath away because of the wind,” he added. “That was the major thing, the wind.”

After James had settled his ticket, the man started walking back home.

That’s when officer Andy Blimine stepped in with a simple gesture: to pay his cab fare.

At first, the man refused, but Blimine insisted and him and a few other officers chipped in to cover James’ $80 cab fare.

http://youngcons.com/man-walks-30-m...e-officers-to-do-something-amazing-like-this/

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

These are the officers who get ignored by the ones who think police are blind, heartless automatons, doing their job by rote. I don't know any of those, but I know a lot of officers like Andy Blimine.