Man Who Broke No Laws Has Guns Confiscated

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what many believe is the beginning of a Constitutional crisis, Seattle police have taken the distinct honor of being the first law enforcement agency in the state to put an extreme risk protection order, or “erpo,” into practice by forcibly confiscating the guns belonging to a Seattle resident without a warrant, arrest, or even criminal charges.

The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous.

A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges. The man was not identified by authorities.

But, what were the reasons police acted like the East German Stasi in a raid on a citizen’s home who hadn’t broken any laws?

Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm, even though open-carry was legal in the jurisdiction and he was well within his rights. I don’t know if there are anti-staring laws in that part of Washington state.

Resident snowflakes of the knee-jerk town complained that the man openly carrying made them feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes that mentions a prohibition of making other people feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

“He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic,” Tony Montana recalled, showing his total ignorance of open carry laws and of guns since handguns are not automatic, but semi-automatic. “And it created a lot of fear obviously because I didn’t know if he was coming after me or gonna just start shooting the place up.”

Tyranny Begins In Seattle As Man Who Broke No Laws Has Guns Confiscated - David Harris Jr

2. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This government is on the slippery slope toward tyranny. Its not there yet, but rapidly approaching.
    Denying gun ownership because of "mental illness" is an equally slippery slope. According to many on the left, V.P. Pence is mentally ill. People who are not mentally ill are committed by family members with a revenge or monetary motive, or simply to show control.

3. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, but, "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He supports President Trump; surely that is prima facie evidence? ;)

5. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh

6. thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't want any citizens to own guns, but they can't get that accomplished in one law, so they chip away at it. So yes, it is indeed a slippery slope.

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So just because the guy appeared to look sinister....

8. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not. Its a logical fact. It has repeated Its self throughout history.

9. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite correct. What I find hilarious is the left says it wants to protect "hunting guns." Most of the left are animal rights activists and hate hunting. Should expose their deceit even to an uninformed observer.

10. thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a tiny percentage wants to protect "hunting" rifles, but the overall goal of the Leftist, Globalist, Marxist is no guns for citizens.

11. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. They say they want to protect hunting guns as part of their slippery slope tactic. In my opinion, any gun (be it rifle, shotgun, pistol) that you hunt with is a "hunting gun."

12. thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They lie about their agenda because very few would agree with it, if they put it all on display at once. For instance, they lied about homosexuality. Just a short time ago, they said all they wanted was to be left alone. They just wanted to be free to do as they wished in the "privacy of their own bedroom". Then it had to be accepted and taught in schools. Then they had to marry. Now we have to bake them cakes and celebrate sodomy or risk loss of livelihoods and worse.

Those who tow the Marxist line are either fools, ignorant, or part of the propaganda machine, knowingly or unknowingly. It's really a laugh when the refer to themselves as "Christians".

13. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think a good portion are just plain evil.

14. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sarcasm is wasted on you

15. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s not no guns, it’s no gun carry... see if you can’t carry a gun with you to use to protect yourself you are at the mercy of the criminal.

16. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just depends what you’re hunting.

17. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you referring to as being Leftist, Globalist, Marxist?

18. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Be assured that the guy in the OP has my thoughts and prayers.

19. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if the Seattle police are just aggressive with arresting illegal immigrants?