1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mandatory Health Care

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. There are a bunch of rich folks in northwest Arkansas.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know that isn't how it works. The rich take advantage of the tax rules to and you and I don't have those opportunities. Besides, you know as well as I do that it will be folks like you and me that would pay for a one-payer national health care system.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The HMO's have the doctors by their throats in the U.S. right now. My doctor told me he made more money 10 years ago than he does today because of that and he works just as long and hard. The other thing that's killing them is malpractice suits and the required insurance. A long time friend of mine said he almost had to stop delivering babies because of that and he practices in a rural area.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

In our area United Health Care is becoming the plan of choice. Most job's are no longer offering the Kaisers, Pacificare's, Blue Cross etc... Times sure are changing but I don't know if it's for the better or worse.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, I know many people that cannot afford health care premiums. I do believe in God and His Glory that we may rely upon confidently. I do not rely on the federal government to take money from some folks to pay for health care for others. In fact, the government’s intrusion into health care would be the absolute last option, and I would not opt for it. You don't understand that the liberals in Washington that want this incredibly expensive welfare program are not interested in the least in your Baptist minister friend, but in the power gained by controlling the funding. This program alone would probably insure most national politicians re-election if wielded correctly.

Leave health care to the professionals in private industry where the marketplace will allow a huge variety of options at competitive prices.

6. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

You have listed many issues that support the assertion that Canadian health care is not for us.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I actually believe that health care from Washington is a certainty. The democrats (Hillary has already stated) are determined to institute it. It will nearly guarantee their party be in power till the rapture, and all politicians know that. Taxes will rise dramatically, and 50% is not out of line. Many Drs. will change professions and incentive to create a better profession will be lessoned dramatically. But liberals are successful in convincing the masses in nearly every self-serving program they can think up. The welfare program insured the black vote to democrats for generations, and for what gain? A state of sub life that makes people demand their rights from the govt. and completely destroyed their incentive to work. It has made a tragedy of a whole segment of our society.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Yes, we will have socialized medicine and it is about time!

What a racist thing to say! Why don't you come right out an say it, "Blacks are LAZY!" Your posting strongly insinuates it. If you are not calling blacks lazy, what do you mean by saying that they have no "incentive to work?"

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And what he failed to notice is Ilegal aliens are more of a strain to these systems than our citizen's for whom they were designed. I believe it was Bush Sr. that made it mandatory that after 2 years of benefits we had to do job training etc... and eventually get off the system. I think that did make some relief as welfare is no longer a permanent job.

I don't believe welfare is the biggest problem, section 8 housing, food assistance, medicare/medicaid etc... are now large expences to us. There was a local ariticle recently that said we (taxpayers) paid more for day care for this ladies 8 kids than what she made working the low wage job she finally found. Then because she was still below poverty line, we still gave them housing, food etc...

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really wasn't aware it needed answering.

But...I don't have to freeload on American society , so I don't.

As in the example I gave earlier, there are others that don't have to either, but do.

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I mean that in the welfare system, people of all colors become lazy. They can't work and get bennys, for the most part. I believe the majority are whites but per capita, the blacks dominate. It has nothing whatever to do with my outlook on negros, or any other race.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't how you meant to say that, when you wrote...

13. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I think you are hoping for something that will do great harm to our families, and financially overburden our nation, and ruin our health care system but I think you will get it your way eventually. Depends on how many Dems will join the Rep's in fighting against it. Thankfully Polosi has served to partially divide their party and that may very well delay their hopes for passage.

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Other than ending the war in Iraq, national health care is the most important issue.

I really think that providing health care for all our citizens will be a great benefit for ALL of us!

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Looking forward to the day when 70 cents out of every dollar middle America earns goes to fund government entitlement programs, are you?

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Ya' know if those bleeding heart liberals wanted universal health care:

THEY COULD JOIN THE MILITARY AND EARN that poor quality universal health care that they want to tax everyone else for . . .

IMHO.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Having said that, health care costs would not be a burden for the average American: if the liberals had not supported President Clinton's failed NAFTA attempt of sending a couple of million jobs to Mexico. mmm Or was it actually a successful attempt to send more than 10 million jobs to China and India?

More than 10 million Americans that should have been paid decent wages - and many are without decent employment.

Just dealing with the 10 million . . . They claimed that giving the jobs to India and China was necessary because the jobs cost American employers an average of $100,000 each . . . that is too high, but let us deal with $90,000 each.

Remove a $10,000 dollar cost (insurance, vacation, social security taxes etc) and we have 80,000 in actual wages. And the usual income taxes at 25% for that would be $20,000 for each employee . . . multiply that by the 10 million and you have 200 billion dollars in LOST income tax revenue and another 96 billion dollars in lost Social Security taxes . . .

And people wonder why we are in financial difficulty in this country.

Quit giving rogue countries economic welfare.

Keep Americans employed.

Then we COULD afford insurance that is worth something.

18. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those bleeding hearts who are medically disqualified?

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Is it your contention that international trade agreements that are cutting Americans off at the knees is a partisan issue? Are you familiar with the conservatives that supported a "conservative" president when CAFTA was signed in 2004? How about his support of the FTAA? What about the conservative support of the North American Union under W's direction? Internationalism is not a partisanship issue as both conservatives and liberals are selling out this nation in favor of regional gov't leading to global gov't.

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The North American Free Trade would have less than half of the negative impact upon our country that giving the jobs to our enemies will have.

Personally, I do not discriminate because "I don't like Mexicans". I discriminate because it is bad for America.

Had the 10 million jobs stayed on this continent, we would not have 10 million illegal aliens here (maybe 1 - 3 million would stay).

Had the jobs gone where the bleeding heart liberals promised that they would (they would not have been lying to us would they?), the economic saving for the big business would have been about 70% of what they 'saved' going to our future enemies.

Had they abided by what their rhetoric that accompanied their agreements said, hundreds of billions of OUR tax money would not have been given to foreign countries that steal our technology . . . subvert our foreign policy . . . and threaten our future freedom.

Had they abided by what they lied to us, the lower level drug traffickers would have found that LEGAL employment was profitable in their countries.

Instead our congressmen lied to us, and they continue to send jobs overseas that are detrimental to our national security by aiding foreign powers that are not friendly to us and by not sending the economic incentives for our southern neighbors to quit being part of the narco-terrorism networks (IMHO).

Me? I am against the narco terrorism that will continue to grow because the agreements that 'we' agreed to were just lies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.