1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man's 'Nature' as Stimuli to Obedience to the Law

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Grahame, I appreciate your response but you failed to address many of my questions so the same questions remain. For instance, I asked you three questions at the beginning that I cannot see an answer to. They are simple questions. Let me try once again.

What is sin? Are babies capable of sinning? Can one inherit or be found guilty for the sin of another according to Scripture?

It is amazing to me that you will take the position of being unable to answer why Satan sinned or any of those that followed him sinned, or why our first parents sinned due to what you refer to as a ‘mystery,’ but when it comes to all that followed after Adam you swallow the camel of Augustinian original sin and Walla, mystery solved! You tell us that the ‘secret things belong to God’ yet you propose to uncover the secret of why men sin by inserting an unscriptural notion of original sin as the reason why we sin, as far as I can understand you.

From what you have written so far, I cannot ascertain any working definition of sin or of what moral agency entails. It is impossible to discuss the issues we are discussing short of that information.