1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Many Americans blame welfare for ‘persistent poverty’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Americans blame government welfare programs for persistent poverty more than other factor, according to a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released this week.

Out of a choice of eight factors, 24 percent of Americans said “too much government welfare that prevents initiative” is the reason for persistent poverty which has become a major concern due to the lagging economy following the recession.

The second most popular answer was “Lack of job opportunities” — 18 percent — and the third most popular answers were “lack of good educational opportunities” and “breakdown of families” — at 13 percent each.

Only 4 percent of respondents said that “lack of government funding” was to blame for persistent poverty, while 3 percent said it was “drugs” and only 2 percent blamed “racial discrimination.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/08/p...welfare-for-persistent-poverty/#ixzz2VlC8plti

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just last night, I was at a friends house. He told me that his son is able to attend a Catholic school tuition free due to his low income. He also told me of some program - (not Medicaid) where most office visits are free - and all drugs are free.

Now why would he get a job and loose all those benefits :tear: