1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

! March Madness !

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief!!

I saw the name of this thread on the front page of the BB and I came here in a BIG ol' hurry just knowing that we were going to be discussing all of the pre-Easter sales at the mall!

Oops!

My bad!

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Scarlett, Scarlett, Scarlett

:rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct, but both Texas teams have a shot...

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Duke
    Pitt
    Conn
    Fla.

Conn over Duke in the Finals

5. PastorSBC1303

Wow, Tenn just got quite a scare from Winthrop.

6. PastorSBC1303

Well I guess Ken, Joseph, and Stefan are in mourning as Arkansas loses in the first round to Bucknell.

I guess we do not have to worry about those flying pigs after all. :D

7. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Well, on this bulletin board surely folks can take some comfort in the knowledge that Bucknell is an American Baptist college!

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bucknell made only 6 two-point buckets but shot lights out from three-point range. Not exactly a formula for going far in the tournament but it was good enough for one game.

Congratulations to Bucknell.

9. PastorSBC1303

Arkansas basketball just ain't what it used to be

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Well I guess Ken, Joseph, and Stefan are in mourning as Arkansas loses in the first round to Bucknell.

I guess we do not have to worry about those flying pigs after all. :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, and UK will take of UAB tonight. I have no doubt about it.

Was anyone else surprised at how bad UCONN played in the first 30 minutes of their game? It would have been great to see the favored team beat by Albany. They certainly gave them a run for their money.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank goodness for that considering in what bad shape it was with the sudden ouster of Nolan Richardson in 2002. It was nice to see the Hogs rising back to the level of being an NCAA tournament team after four years of rebuilding from basically scratch.

Eddie Sutton's and Nolan Richardson's first NCAA tournament teams at Arkansas also lost in the first round. One year later Eddie Sutton had the Hogs in the Final Four and two years later Nolan Richardson had the Hogs in the Final Four. I would welcome a repeat of one of those scenarios with Stan Heath.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And UConn will take care of Kentucky on Sunday.

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Ya never know. If UCONN plays as bad as they did through most of their game today, UK will have no problems beating them. If not, UK still has a chance of winning. We are playing much better basketball. It's March anything can happen. UNC almost lost to Murray, and Kansas did lose to Bradley. Not to mention MSU losing, and that awesome buzzer beater where Iowa lost.

14. PastorSBC1303

That is a pretty big IF.

I can't wait for AF guy to get here, we will be hearing all the "shock the world" talk :rolleyes: [​IMG]

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

C'mon SBC you have to admit there have been some pretty big upsets this year. If UK plays well we have a chance, even if they are playing well. Indiana had a pretty close game today too, if I remember. They won, right?

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt it. Kentucky is a rather weak team in national terms. I expect to see only Florida and LSU as the SEC teams remaining in the NCAA tournament after the second round is finished.

17. PastorSBC1303

Yes there have been some big upsets this year. But the majority of the upsets generally take place in the first round as some teams are looking past their opponents, etc.

If UConn had rolled over their opponent today I would actually give UK a better chance of upsetting them. However, I think UConn had their scare today and will roll on into the Final Four now.

Indiana played yesterday ;) And yes they did have a pretty close game. I don't think they will get past Gonzaga tomorrow, but I would gladly be wrong. [​IMG]

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither Indiana nor Gonzaga looks very good right now. The winner of their game will most likely bow out in the third round.

19. PastorSBC1303

Maybe Arkansas can keep their seats warm for em ;)

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I'm happy and satisfied that the Hogs made the NCAA tournament again and the program has rebounded. I am not a greedy fan that has to have everything immediately. Arkansas hasn't been among the elites of college basketball since 1996. The program went seriously downhill during the last few years of Nolan Richardson's tenure. And Stan Heath is a very young coach who has been having to learn the ropes as he has gone along during the past four years.