1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

! March Madness !

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Mar 12, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Hey 4His_glory ...does DUKE play today....opps, my bad [​IMG]

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You should live in NC!

Go Heels!

[​IMG]

3. PastorSBC1303

Some more great games today. I really like the way George Mason plays.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I hesitate to comment on any team because as soon as I do, they, ahem, lose.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You should live in NC!

Go Heels!

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I used too live in NC.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Half of the 2, 3, and 4 seeds are gone.

Wow. My bracket is shot, but who cares! It's March Madness!

Kudos to my Vols for a great season. Picked to finish tenth in the SEC and fifth in their division, winning the division with a 12-4 mark while playing with basically a 7 deep roster, one of those 7 injured for half the season, I can't help but be proud of my guys. Coach Pearl has a top 10 class coming in, and a decommittment to UConn is visiting in two weeks.

Something else I am proud of: at the beginning of games, when the colors are presented, most teams go back to their benches as soon as the anthem is over. UT's players remain at attention until the colors are retired. We have had more complements in our paper from OPPOSING teams about the class of our guys. In a world where being unpatriotic is in vogue, hats off to Coach Pearl (I believe, the son of immigrants) for showing our nation, its flag and its soldiers respect.

7. PastorSBC1303

Tom, you should be proud of them. I have been impressed with Pearl. I enjoyed the inside look CBS gave of Pearl over the weekend. He seems like he has it together.

Now the waiting begins to see who the next Indiana coach will be. The name that keeps coming a lot now is Calipari from Memphis.

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

3 of my final four are still in. Last year I picked all final four and the winner correctly, looks like I won't repeat that this year.

9. PastorSBC1303

3 of mine are left too...Boston College, Duke, and UConn. I had Kansas making it, but Bradley took care of that.

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Outstanding... Carolina OUT!!!

"Nothing could be finer than a beaten Carolina in the maaaaaaaawnin..."

Official old-school ABC fan (anybody but Carolina).

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Scott, Scott, Scott . . .

:rolleyes:

At our house it's ABD -- anybody but Duke [​IMG]

(Yet they may well take it all *sigh*)

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up in NC during the Dean Smith era when everybody was a Carolina fan... I couldn't stand 'em and got real sick of hearing about them.

I liked them even less after going to State when Valvano won the title... and even less after learning how terribly liberal the school is academically.

I like Duke mostly because they reliably smack Carolina around... It is amusing to hear Carolina fans whine about Duke receiving preferrential treatment by the officials after years of being the ACC pet themselves.

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We've been here 13 years and have moved more times than I can count.

Ron went to Baylor for BA and MA & Oklahoma for his PhD.
    I went to Indiana for my BA

Oldest boy is a UNC grad.
    Youngest boy is almost a UNCW grad.

We've got mixed allegiences -- especially when you throw in that we've always adopted teams when we moved -- Like Wake and GA Tech and . . .

Today, I'm in BC colors and Ron is in Duke colors. I like to give my Duke friends a hard time, but if they make it, I guess I'll have to throw my support their way. :D

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

All 4 of mine are left and are looking pretty good to make the Final 4. BTW, I posted Texas, Connecticut, Nova and Memphis last Monday, but changed it on Yahoo to Texas, Connecticut, Florida and Memphis on Wednesday night. So, I'm going with Florida instead. All of them except UConn demolished both their 1st and 2nd round opponents, which is what you want your Final 4 picks to do.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

3 of my 4 are still in. I thought the Buckeyes would make a run under Motta. Maybe they're still a year or two away.

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't think I'd say anyone got demolished, with the possible exception of Wisconsin and maybe Oral Roberts. No 30 point blow-outs in the first round like we've seen in years past.

17. Convicted by the Spirit

My bracket was looking good until Friday. Then Kansas lost and Texas won ... nose dived after that.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well two of my final four have survived- Villanova and UCONN. Close games last night though.

19. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have 3 of 4 left in my main bracket, but since I have filled out so many brackets on Yahoo, Sportsline, work, etc, it varies. But my main one at work I have UCLA, Nova, and Texas still left.

After seeing Memphis and Texas in the 1st and 2nd rounds live in Dallas, I would change everything and put Memphis in the final. They have impressed me more than any other team and I hope they beat UCLA. UConn will not continue to get lucky if they keep playing the way they have, but GMU should not be a problem for them.

I have 3 upcoming fantasy baseball drafts that are a priority since my team (UK) is now out.

20. PastorSBC1303

Can you say that again? I just love hearing it [​IMG] :D [​IMG]