1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marching to the 'Sound of the Guns'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Oct 30, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.military.com/news/articl...-to-the-sound-of-the-guns.html?ESRC=marine.nl

Marching to the 'Sound of the Guns'

October 22, 2008
    Marine Corps News|by Sgt. Steve Cushman

CAMP BARBER, Afghanistan – When it was announced that more Marines were needed to support Task Force 2d Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment in Afghanistan, close to 300 Marines raised their hands and volunteered.
    Anxious to join the fight, these Marines deployed as combat replacements to fill in for the combat losses suffered by TF 2/7 since it arrived here in early April.

Of those who “stepped forward,” only 150 were selected. Surprisingly, many of the volunteers had just returned from serving in Iraq. Upon hearing these Marines had cut their post-deployment leave short, senior leaders were awestricken to see so many Marines come forward to support their fellow warriors in combat.

:applause:

Where do we get such men?

Their devotion to country and Corps is truly awe inspiring.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Brainwashing . . . group dynamics. They signed on to kill people and break things.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a former Marine I can say with all confidence that you do not know what it is you are talking about. But good luck with that!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're a strange and bitter man.

God help you.:praying:

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I have to second that. I wasn't a marine, but I was in the military and proudly served my country and would have gladly given the ultimate sacrifice for it if necessary. That's the difference between those who love living in the USA, and those who truly LOVE the USA unconditionally.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son, a former Marine, informs me that there is a move underway to eliminate the term "former" and truly make everyone that earns the title simply a Marine...for life.

No "former" and certainly no "ex" Marines ever again.

I like the idea. Wearing that title again will never shame me.:thumbs:

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well the term "Former Marine' is definitley wrong. There is a saying int he coprs "Once a Marine always a Marine" .

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well stated, and very descriptive of the differing views of the military.

These, "who love living in the USA", see the military as a necessary evil to be tolerated only, never to be embraced as defenders of the freedoms so much loved, while these, "who truly LOVE the USA unconditionally", see the military as the same as the FF who were prepared to give it ALL for freedom, if need be!

IOW, the difference between the left and right!

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but the term "former" Marine is used extensively by Marines and civilians alike. Until Marines stop using it, the public won't.

It is a fact that when you tell someone you are a Marine, they expect you to be currently active. Intil that perception is changed there will always be "former" Marines.

It is the Marines themselves that have to change the perception of the public. They can do it , but it will take years.

That's really off topic.

but words can't express how proud I am of my "brothers" that serve today. They are truly amazing.:thumbs:

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

There are a few terrorist organization I would like to do that to..[​IMG]

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Agree to "strange." Don't think I am bitter. I have no personal complaints. Thankful to have been born in the best place and time for the working class in the history of the world but this is in spite of, not because of, our international politics. Is mostly because of being the only major country to come thru WW2 with an intact industrial base and population, because of the Marshall Plan and the GI Bill.

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine!!

Don't you think that being blessed by The Almighty just may have had some small part in our success?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I, for one, am extremely grateful that He saw fit to put me in THIS country at THIS time of history, when a nation can devastate another in war, and then turn around, after it's all over, and rebuild the countries that tried to destroy us, without playing the "conqueror dominance card"!!!

None but a God fearing nation is capable of such; and that distinction is rapidly being (?) diminished in this country now.

Our nation's lack of gratitude for the blessings and successes He has bestowed upon us is now coming full circle to the point I see Him withdrawing said blessings and leaving the nation on it's own.

IOW disaster is looming sans His mercy.