1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marco Rubio leaving politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jkdbuck76, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preparing for a Cabinet post? ;)

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess we won't have L'il Marco to kick around anymore.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

4. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

When you get beat the way he did in Florida, he is probably thinking that he might have a real hard time winning again. The people have spoken

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He'll run again. As a democrat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He'll be back. He has a lot of talent but he is too impatient. Time is on his side.

7. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you have listened at all to Senator Rubio's comments, he is first and foremost a husband and a father to his four children. So I don't see him getting back into the political rat race for some time, just so he can heal and spend more time at home with his family. My understanding is that he is going to finish his Senate term and then move into private life. I'm sure that at some point in time he will get back into politics. As stated above, he is young and very talented. BTW, the one thing he is not, is a Democrat.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I wish him well and pray that he has a "come to Jesus " moment that shows him that he doesn't have to be President to make a significant difference in the world.

Power corrupts...

9. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Agreed. Personally would have preferred that he remained in Senate for another term. Despite the recent loss to Trump, I think he would have been re-elected rather easily.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If I were in his state, I would not have supported him for a second term. I have a hard time supporting any elected official who seems to forgo their elected duties to pursue another office. If you're not the Vice President, you should have to resign from any public office in order to pursue the Presidency, IMO.

11. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Agreed. My comment was that he should have run for a 2nd term in the Senate instead of running for POTUS.

12. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If he says he's gone, then I believe him.

Just a thought, and I didn't necessarily support Senator Rubio but do think he's a good man, that we're losing many quality leaders because they are encountering the muck and mire of Washington and deciding it is better to go elsewhere to make their mark. In my own conversations and circles, there have been a number of quality people who, when offered opportunities for higher office, simply walk away for reasons that they don't want much to do with the current group of despots and miscreants. This is signaling that we're losing quality leaders who can move our country forward. Maybe Senator Rubio is tired of the foolishness in DC, for that I can't blame him from walking away.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rubio's a liar and disseminator who sold out his base by getting into bed with democrats on immigration and staying there. Then he lied about what was in the bill until forced to admit it. He gave democrats everything they wanted. He has no courage and no convictions, politically. If he had, he would have beat Trump like a drum. Instead he tried to play both ends against the middle and got trounced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a free country--you should be able to do what you like on unimportant matters like this--no?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was seduced by the Democrats; he needs to learn that Democrat is a fancy word for liar.